Unlocked Bootloader....Fully paid retail
Mezo80

When will Verizon sell unlocked bootloader phones? Not all your customers are business owners and do not require such strict security.

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Bootloader....Fully paid retail
AngryCustomer7

Please answer this question.  There are reasons for and against locked bootloaders.  For those who are technically astute, this is a non issue.  Give is the ability to manage our own devices, and stop treating us like children.

I guess this is all lip sevice:

http://www.ctia.org/policy-initiatives/voluntary-guidelines/consumer-code-for-wireless-service

I have a week to decide if I stay with Verizon.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Unlocked boot loaders and unlocked sims devices are two different things. That's a weak argument and no lip service because they are different.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You'll be hard pressed to find a carrier selling an unlocked bootloader device from any of the major manufacturers. The bootloader is just one of those you really don't want to mess with on a phone casually. After all, who is going to want to learn how to JTAG their phone and search random forums for the boot image?

Now if you're looking for info on how to SIM Unlock the phone... talk to Verizon. They have to unlock it if you have paid for the phone.

0 Likes
emteeskull

There is a Dev edition--

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-N910VMKEVZW

I would like to buy it from Verizon though so I can use the edge program. Would that be possible?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can only buy phones that Verizon sells.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon sells that phone. The SM-N910V is a Verizon specific model of the Note 4.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The developer editions are only sold by the manufacturer directly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes