Unlocked Note 20 Ultra no 5G option
dejanl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I ordered the unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra directly from Samsung. Before this phone, I had Galaxy Note 10+ 5G.  On the old phone, in the network settings, I had an option with 5G/LTE/HSPA/GSM and I was able to connect to 5G network (where available). On the new phone, I do not have an option with 5G at all. Do I need to get a new SIM card or activate a new phone so that I can get this option? 

Labels (1)
Re: Unlocked Note 20 Ultra no 5G option
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for getting in touch with us! We want to make sure your phone is working as it should. What cellular plan do you have with us? Different plans offer different options. Is your new phone up to date on the latest software?

Tabitha_VZW

0 Likes
dejanl
Enthusiast - Level 3

This phone line is on Get More Unlimited 5G UW. The phone has received updated last week from Samsung. This being an unlocked phone, I didn't receive any updates from Verizon. 

0 Likes
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the same boat. We need the update from Samsung to activate Verizon's new 5G signals. 

0 Likes
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just talked to Samsung. It's being produced now. They said by the end of Oct 2020, we should be getting the update to enable the Verizon 5G just released. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you get the update soon TMichaelU28. I'm sorry we don't have a date for the unlocked version. I hope this is an option soon.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too, in missing out on 5G in my area 

0 Likes
JoseA7

So is it certain the unlocked version will get this update ? Because I am in a 5g area but no system update since mine is unlocked. Like theres not even a 5g option in the connection settings. 

0 Likes
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to Samsung yes there is... There is a workaround though. Go to your phone dialer.. type in *#272* then your devices IMEI # then # at the end. The service menu pops up... Lock this menu to your app switcher windows... Select ATT and hit install.. then pick the first option out of the two.. your phone will reboot and it'll work on 5G

0 Likes
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a tmobile SIM in my phone and 5G was an option, on verizon it is not so that's the only workaround. To go back after the update for verizon comes out, you type in the same code and select VZW and install then the first option sales and service code and it'll out verizon back on there. All this does ks utilize the connection settings but still uses verizon as your carrier. I found this out on another forum and it works. 

0 Likes