Re: Unlocked Note 20 Ultra no 5G option
JoseA7

It kicked me back to VZW CSC with my sim card in. I guess I'll have to wait.

0 Likes
JoseA7

Also @TMichaelU28  and @vzw_customer_support  I am using a Sim card that I was using for my Note 9 will that be an issue for 5g ? I've been hearing they're the same sim.

0 Likes
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so read this. It works flawlessly on my phone. Latest Samsung devices come with most of the carrier firmwares preinstalled. The trick is to make sure the phone does not switch MPS that matches with the SIM that is inserted.

The beauty of this method is that we no longer need to flash, or root and we can switch around as we please without hassle.

The instruction is as simple as the following:

Dial *#272 *IMEI# (input your own device's IMEI, no space between 272 *)

The preconfig app will launch.

Go to Multitask window, long hold the app icon to enable "Keep open for quick launching"

Go back into the app, scroll and select "Don't change Carrier" then pick "Sales and Netcode change"

Afterwards select ATT and apply the same Sales and Netcode Change above.

Reboot.

You will see that because Verizon chooses not to use Upper Layer Indicator (no fake 5G) here, some people might lose the 5G icon while in NR attach mode.

Speed on iPerf instantaneous is not affected, still reaching 2.16 Gbps peak speed.

Credit goes to u/Pimetechnology

Ulocked Note 20 Ultra no 5G option
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I've been back and forth with Verizon and Samsung. If you're using a SIM that was activated on a LTE ONLY device, and swap it to a 5G device, it may pick up UWB, but not nationwide 5G. You will need a 5G sim verizon which I did and they gave it for free. My phone is currently picking up the 5G signal here at my house because I followed the steps above and it unlocked the 5G option which utilizes ATT but I can still use my VZW sim. If it doesn't stick the first time, try again, it'll work. I promise you it works. 

Re: Ulocked Note 20 Ultra no 5G option
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screenshot_20201020-191403_Software update.jpg

Screenshot_20201020-191454_Settings.jpg

 the first one is me checking to show you my current software version.. the 2nd one is to show you I'm using verizon, but my service provider software is ATT, but I am using Verizon's network 

xldaverx
Enthusiast - Level 2

then question is when will the unlocked note 20 ultra get the 5G update.  ????

0 Likes
realtor_nancy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I chatted with Samsung tech support today and that person assured me we would get the update for the unlocked note 20 ultra's.  Said they were done in batches by IMEI numbers and could not give timeline, but assured me I would definitely get it on my unlocked phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help, please message us with any concerns. 

0 Likes
realtor_nancy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any chance Verizon could communicate with Samsung at a higher leverl to provide some information on expected arrival of the update that would get the unlocked Note20 Ultra's the nationwide 5G?

realtor_nancy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any chance Verizon could communicate with Samsung at a higher leverl to provide some information on expected arrival of the update that would get the unlocked Note20 Ultra's the nationwide 5G?

0 Likes