Re: Unlocked Note 20 Ultra no 5G option
dejanl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nationwide 5G will not be a lot faster, it could actually be slower than LTE.  I get at times slower speed on 5G than I had on LTE. This is not 5G UW band that provide speeds over 1 GBs

0 Likes
tzabludowski

My phone calls were getting choppy I guess I just want to go back to original settings can I just reset network settings? Should that work?

0 Likes
dejanl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just follow the procedure again, you can skip the LTE part. At 5G Bands option it will show a * next to NR5G PRUNE is Removed and the option will change to [1] Restore NR5G PRUNE, in case you want to go back.

Then you do same for DSS, just click disable DSS.

0 Likes
tzabludowski

Ok thanks.  I wasn't sure about the first step with the LTE band.

0 Likes
TMichaelU28
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a question. Doing this option through the Google phone app, does it open up the 5G option in network connection? Or will my phone just connect to 5G now? 

0 Likes
CLanford
Enthusiast - Level 3

Doing this will allow your phone to automatically select and connect to the best network possible, including 5G. It does not require Google phone app. In fact you can just delete the app after you've completed this process. 

I have noticed however, that when switching between 5G and LTE+, my data transfer drops to 0 for about 10 seconds. 

That's kind of inconvenient but I'm sure it will be smoothed out with future updates. 

0 Likes
tzabludowski

So really my question is do I gain anything g out of trying to hook onto 5g at this point or I should just wait for a software update?

0 Likes
CLanford
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are not in an area of one of the major cities with the mmWave ultra wideband 5G, it appears that it's not worth it yet. I've been on 5G in many places and it's consistently equivalent or lower than when I was on 4G LTE+.

Now I did go into one of the UW areas in Charlotte yesterday and clocked a download speed of 800 Mbps, so that was pretty awesome!

0 Likes
pic2022

Hmm I still don't have the 5g option after doing all this. Odd. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my. We never recommend doing this to your phone as it may cause issues. If you did change any setting on your phone then I would recommend resetting your phone back to factory settings. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229358/ Do you have any questions regarding this process?  -AmberF_VZW

0 Likes