Re: Unlocked Note 20 Ultra no 5G option
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that. Upon reviewing our coverage map we see that when we search that area there is only 4G LTE service available. You can follow this link to view the map, http://spr.ly/6600HETl4 We also want to mention that to use an unlocked phone with Verizon 5G UW you need that software update. You will not receive the software updates from Verizon since this is an unlocked phone. You would need to reach out to Samsung regarding the update. 

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
cb1vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. Verizon is full of it and giving us the runaround with the unlocked note 20 ultra...I don't have 5g despite having 5g sim 5g plan 5g phone and talking to more reps and tech support people than I can count...and honestly I don't know if an update is coming or not...MORE THAN FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cb1vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in on the class action idea as well...

DLA333
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm beyond furious with Verizon, they are complete bulldirters and the verizon CS associates in this threads comments royally action me off. They have absolutely no idea what the fudge the company they work for is doing and just deflect because they have nothing else to say. I'm with you all.

0 Likes
mule0331
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im pretty sure everybody needs to chill. Just because your phone doesnt have the 5g icon, doesnt mean its not getting it. I have done several speed tests on my phone over the last few weeks, and I am averaging 185 Mbps. My normal average before was between 60 and 80. I am getting the same speeds as my friends S20 and he has a 5g icon. So I think its just the icon and not that you arent getting the nationwide 5g

0 Likes
cb1vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

12-13 minutes to download 2 hour movie...took about that long on my note 8 with 4g...and while in a corporate store that has a 5guw booster my icon in the status bar showed 5GUW until I walked out then back to LTE+...so I believe if I'm on a 5g network it would show...logically we assume or believe that we'll eventually get 5g but no one can say that for sure

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHHAR19, the November 10th software release QP1A.190711.020.N986USQS1BTJ8  from Samsung does address the 5G signal needed for the Note 20 Ultra device. Have you performed that update?

0 Likes
realtor_nancy
Enthusiast - Level 2
Verizon Customer Support,

Are you saying that Samsung is now pushing out this software release to unlocked Note 20 Ultra's
and not referring to the release pushed out earlier by Verizon to Verizon locked phones?

Replying to:
Customer Support

JOHHAR19, the November 10th software release QP1A.190711.020.N986USQS1BTJ8  from Samsung does address the 5G signal needed for the Note 20 Ultra device. Have you performed that update?

0 Likes
cb1vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks and sounds like more verizon lies...my software is up to date and there's no way to perform an update if none are available...the 5g issue has not been addressed in any update regardless of whether or not vzw says it has...JUST TELL THE TRUTH WE'RE GETTING FUDGED ON 5G with unlocked phones 

0 Likes
dejanl
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like the update pushed last week did fix 5g connection. When the first November update was released, I lost 5g that I got using the Google Phone app. I had to enable 5g bands again after the update. After the update that was realized last week, I didn't have to do anything. It also looks like 5g is now more stable. 

0 Likes