Re: Unlocked Note 20 Ultra no 5G option
cb1vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Responding to dejanl...please excuse my technical ignorance but the average person has no idea what you're talking about...all of this phone or software manipulation and using apps to get 5g is unnecessary...the formula is simple...5g phone + 5g sim + 5g plan = 5g and that's not what is happening 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, it breaks our heart to see you feel this way. The last thing we want is for you to have a negative impression of us. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? Aside from the 5G signal, any other issues? What solutions have been provided to you?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to see you upset DLA333 and always want to ensure we are providing the assistance you need. It is our goal to get this turned around. What has you feeling this way?

0 Likes
CLanford
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never got this update either. Just updated and the newest one I could get is from November 1. Can't update beyond that.

Not surprised or angry anymore. I've reached the acceptance stage of this process. I'll just keep chronicling Verizon's chain of failures until the issue gets resolved. I'm tired of calling and chatting with their reps on this. 

And one day in the distant future if someone in Verizon's customer service QA department(lol) sees this they may be mortified enough to make a change.

telveer
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon and Samaung need to get together and figure out a quick plan to enable 5G for unlocked Samsung 5G phones like Note 20 Ultra. Making customers with latest phones wait for months to get 5G is just pathetic. We thought cartiers and manufacturers would get their act together by now but nothing has changed.

note3improvement
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just had a 5G sim card installed and my software is not QP1A.190711.020.N986USQS1BTJ8

There is no update available when I check for an update.  

note3improvement
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update referenced by VZW support does not have the unlocked model in build. 

The unlocked model is N986U1. 

The current build is N986U1UES1ATJ5

It would seem the current build doesn't not have the update for 5G. 

cb1vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's all garbage...they already know these unlocked devices do not get 5g on their network...lies, stalling and the runaround is all your going to get from Verizon...I've been a loyal customer for 14+ yrs and have never had a problem like this...all Verizon has to do is return that same loyalty and admit this to their customers so we can make our own choice...not have us buying phones and plans and wasting our time changing sims, talking to reps and techs knowing this problem exist..it's not right...AND VERIZON SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

re: realtor_nancy

Are you saying that Samsung is now pushing out this software release to unlocked Note 20 Ultra's
and not referring to the release pushed out earlier by Verizon to Verizon locked phones?

There's no timeframe for Samsung's push, but if the past is indicative of the future, then in the past the unlocked phones are usually the last to get software updates unfortunately.

David_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am concerned to learn that you haven't been able to get the help that you need. As a consumer myself, I know I'd be equally upset if my 5G option was not available to use. We released a system update on 10.14.20 that brings 5G Nationwide capabilities, you can confirm this here at this link: https://www.verizon.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note20-5g-update/

The update is released to many devices per day over the course of several weeks so the network is not overloaded. Have you checked today to see if you have the update?

0 Likes