Update on phone
EML74
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone (Samsung Note 5) just went through the update to marshmallow.  I can't get FB to work with the update.  I've already had to get a replacement phone for this same issue.  I went though SO MUCH with that last phone trying to get it to work. I was on the phone hours at a time trying to get it to work.  I just don't know what to do.  I'm so upset!

0 Likes
Re: Update on phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EML74 Updates are designed to enhance your phone. We surely do not want to see you upset. What happens when you try to use Facebook? Tell ud how you're accessing Facebook and if this is the only application that isn't working since the update.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EML74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes FB is the only app that doesn't work properly. It won't let me open things. It won't update news my news feeds. Says it can't connect right now. I've tried clearing the cashe, force stopping, uninstalling it and reinstalling. I access FB through the app on my phone. I;m not sure how else to do it. I've gone through this before. My original phone was replaced after going though MANY, MANY, MANY steps and phone calls. It was a NIGHTMARE. So with this phone every time I'd open my phone it would want me to do the update. I'd always hit ignore. Then on accident I hit the other button. So I had to let it go. I hoped that it would be ok. All the updates said they were successful. I tried again the night before last to get tec support, my husband said to tell them to just re-place the phone since it's not working right. At first the person was going to and then for whatever reason came back offering me different solutions, all of which would cost us more money. My husband got upset and made me get off the chat & is taking me to AT&T tomorrow. I LOVE the phone other then that. Maybe by some change you would know what I can do to fix this. I don't want to do a hard re-set, that didn't help the first time, I did that three times with no success. Maybe it's a setting or something missing somewhere.....?? Thanks!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

perhaps your fb account is corrupted.  i find it surprising that the phone was replaced because 1 app didn't work.

have fun at at&t....worst service on the planet.

0 Likes