Updated to 4.4 and now my Bluetooth 'studders' when listening to music and a phone call. Yes I have reset the phone and removed the battery.
lbarron1

I just updated my Note 3 to 4.4.2. Since then when I listen to music or make a call on my Bluetooth my music and calls 'studders' and has some type of 'drop-outs' during the music and calls. This was not the case prior to the update.

Yes, I have power down the phone. Yes, I have removed the battery and restarted the phone. My Bluetooth headset is an LG 730. I tried listening to music on my other Bluetooth devices and they also 'studders' and has drop-outs during calls and music. I connected with a wired headset and the 'studdering' disappeared.

Is there a way to revert back to the previous 4.3 version of Android. I use my phone extensively for business and drive with it. The law for my state requires 'hands free' usage of my phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Updated to 4.4 and now my Bluetooth 'studders' when listening to music and a phone call. Yes I have reset the phone and removed the battery.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lbarron1,

We want to make sure you can abide by the law at all times and use your hands free headset. Have you tried a factory reset on your device since the software update? http://vz.to/1m1gmBw

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Updated to 4.4 and now my Bluetooth 'studders' when listening to music and a phone call. Yes I have reset the phone and removed the battery.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you can't revert to the previous OS version of the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lbarron1,

We want to make sure you can abide by the law at all times and use your hands free headset. Have you tried a factory reset on your device since the software update? http://vz.to/1m1gmBw

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lbarron1

Unfortunately, I was forced to do a factory Reset. This wiped the device to a new state.

Afterwards all Blue-tooth, wi-fi and calls operated fine.

I would advise that you notify your customers that they would most likely have to do a Factory Reset once they update their device.

All contacts, pictures, data and applications were either lost or had to be reinstalled.

Laurence

(Removed)

Private info removed as required by the

0 Likes