VZW Security alert caution/hazard symbol (yellow triangle with black !)
hernandeja

Got a VZW Security alert after a morning scan stating my device may be modified with a caution/hazard symbol (yellow triangle with black !) - What does this mean?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZW Security alert caution/hazard symbol (yellow triangle with black !)
Snn5
Legend

If you have Verizon's Support and Protect app on the phone, most likely that is the reason you are seeing this.  Many have reported the same icon and message.  Disabling Verizon's support and protect app seems to cure it.  Turns out it is really an advertisement from Verizon to entice you to upgrade your services to include the full version of their app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hernandeja,

The Verizon rescue team has arrived.  What is the make and model of your phone?  Any recent changes to your device?  Keep us posted so we can assist further.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Not applicable

We know that you have a Note3 by what is on the screen here.

So, chances are you are running KK on it. Might I ask as to what the symbol inside the yellow triangle is? Are you Rooted and running a Rom? Or is it factory out of the box? If you are unsure of this. Did you purchase the phone directly from Verizon Wireless or an authorized reseller? Or did you purchase it used from a third party? Do you have any idea as to what apps you installed just prior to this triangle showing up?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you have Verizon's Support and Protect app on the phone, most likely that is the reason you are seeing this.  Many have reported the same icon and message.  Disabling Verizon's support and protect app seems to cure it.  Turns out it is really an advertisement from Verizon to entice you to upgrade your services to include the full version of their app.

0 Likes