Re: Verizon, I am not happy with the note 3 reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand the need of reliable service at all times, B_K3LLY! I depend on my phone at all times so I understand the need of reliable service. How does the service work outside of your home or in other areas? Have we ever exchanged the sim card?

Please share additional details so that we can help further.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ckim99
Enthusiast - Level 2

No damage to the phone. As I mentioned before I've gone thru 4-5 warranty replacements, all with the same weak reception/signal issue. 4.4.2. Voice and data issues. At home the phone is constantly searching for service and jumping from 1X to 3G to 4G. 

86SN2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's the thing folks.  Despite the lip service we're getting from Verizon in these forums, there is nothing they can do.  From my extensive research with this issue and my Note 3, this is an issue with the antennas Samsung is using.  Could it be fixed with a software patch?  Who knows.  It's worth a shot though.

What Verizon needs to do for it's loyal customers is press Samsung to get this fixed.  My Droid Razr Maxx was fantastic when it came to signal strength.  My Note 3 absolutely sucks.  10 minutes outside of St Paul I don't have service.  My house which is south and east of st Paul has a bar or two.  IN MINNEAPOLIS......no service.  Everywhere I go it seems, the service is terrible....And that was never an issue with my Razr Maxx.  Never.

I am completely fed up with this and I must say, those TMobile ads look mighty nice right about now. 

Verizon, do the right thing.....admit that there is a problem with the phones and get it fixed.  Whether that means issuing a software patch on you're end or lighting a fire under Samsung to get it fixed.

I would much rather you admit there is a problem and get it fixed rather than give us lip service on a internet forum.  In my eyes, great customer service is taking care of an issue in a timely manner.  That will make your customers stick with you.  Because many of us are ready to leave.

B_K3LLY
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I'm right next to a tower of course it works well.  I get great reception all day at work.  The point is the reception on this phone is garbage compared to other phones and it does not work at my home location which just happens to be pretty important to me since I rely on it heavily for my work.  I've replaced SIMS and gotten a replacement already with the same exact results.  The phone fails to hold a signal in areas where other phones do, which frankly is embarrassing.  My home is within a 4G LTE area and I don't get signal most of the time!  I held out in hopes that just maybe (big time long shot) the 4.4.2 update would resolve the issue but it did not.  I've finally had enough.  As you can see by reading through this thread and the myriad of others, the solutions (or blatant lack there of) that Verizon is throwing out there are useless and unacceptable (New Sim, replacement Note 3's, Hard reset, ect.).

As of Tuesday I picked up a Galaxy S5 just to try out and do a case study to see if it performed better than my Note 3 reception wise, in my house, where my wife's Note 2 seems to do fine.  Guess what!?  It works much better than the Note 3.  I can actually make calls and send/receive text messages.  It doesn't show no signal ever, where the Note 3 would frequently show no signal or prompt "Mobile Network Not Available" when trying to make a call.

I don't particularly want a Galaxy S5 but may be forced to make the switch just to have a working phone that functions as intended and as was paid for!  The issue here is I paid a lot of money for the Note 3 which Samsung and Verizon released and it's an inadequate product which should be subject to a recall for people having reception issues.  It is a known issue that the Note 3 reception is inadequate!  Don't let any Verizon reps tell you otherwise.

Simple solution for me:  Verizon should offer people who have a Note 3 that suffers from chronic reception issues a replacement phone of a Galaxy S5 or one that works.  The Note 3 is still a superior phone to the S5 IMO when working properly however it does not for a lot of people.  At this point I would be happy to have Verizon replace my Note 3 with an S5 as that would solve my issues.  If a real solution is not presented I will be forced to create my own and it likely won't involve Verizon being my provider any longer.

TechTitan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Shreveport,  LA and I'm being told the same thing.  There is a radio update that Samsung needs to send out to these devices. EVERYONE I know that has this phone with Verizon all started having the same issue just a month or so before the AWS spectrum went live for the XLTE network. Even the store reps I know are having the issue and not just in Shreveport.  I wish Verizon would at least admit the issue. I've been with Verizon since 09 and never had reception issues at all. I drop 9-10 calls a day now...maybe more.

BoDetroit

Im in Detroit, I have had Verizon for over 4yrs, I have never had signal issues with my other phones (Droid Bionic, and other Droid handset) I've had the Note 3 for about 5 months...Its has terrible reception indoors. Home is the worst, my wife has Galaxy 5 and has no problems. My handset has been replace once, the SIM has been changed out, (Verizon Store) has done other trouble shooting with no success. This phone should be recalled!!!!

0 Likes
rushmore69
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yet Verizon continues sending auto-bot responses and have yet to acknowledge the OBVIOUS problem they caused with the updates.  Instead of patronizing about "Great information, thanks!", resetting the phone, "Regretful", etc- Verizon should simply admit screwing up and give an estimate of a fix release.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I must post this a gazillion times.

Verizon did no update to your device. Verizon did not touch the code. Contact the maker of your device.

It is not a Verizon wireless issue. Verizon sell you service to the cellular and data service if you have a functional device.

Good Luck

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Except, VZW holds onto the updates forever to supposedly 'test' the update to ensure they  will work.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes this is correct. But my take on it is the testing done is more along the lines with their Certified Like New Devices. You have read that those phones are worse than the phone that was sent in.

0 Likes