Re: Verizon, I am not happy with the note 3 reception
N_Vz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having similar issues in the 40601 area code and most area codes I have visited.  The Note 3 cell signal issues have always been there but arenoticeably worse since the Android 5 update.   I can be standing next to my wife and not have a signal at all,  while she is able to call and talk on her Galaxy S4.

0 Likes
evoreplica

DrDreams the first year I had my note 3 it was flawless. Then Verizon started rolling the updates for the next operating system. Unfortunately we are test dummies for this phone.  All Note 3 smartphones have turned into junk.  I been with vzw for 15 years and I know what to expect signal wise.  I drop calls are the time.  Their scheme to try to get me to buy a new phone worked.  I'm waiting to upgrade.  G'luck to you.  No matter what you do the updates and the way the network communicate are flawed.  Vzw will not do anything about it.  From the looks of it all over this forum; we have all tried one time wasting troubleshooting step or another. The employees do not even know what to do themselves.  They didnt come up with the software. The only real way to resolve this is get customers new phones but of course its verizon and they wont do that. 

0 Likes
dwightm

Same problems in Memphis area (901). Phone seems to revert to EXTENDED NETWORK constantly even though I'm in 3G coverage according to Verizon. Rest of my family has iPhones and they never have these issues. I was at a friends cabin on a lake recently and I had no reception at all on my Note 3. His iPhone had at least three bars the whole time. Obviously this is a hardware problem and there will be no fix. I hate to say it, but looks like I'll make the big jump to apple when I can upgrade without paying a mortgage payment for a new phone.

0 Likes