Verizon Messaging App closes application or states "Unfortunately, Message has stopped. What is going on ?
FPTS

iIs started happening two weeks ago. I have tried to unisntall and reinstall from android google market and the problem still persists.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messaging App closes application or states "Unfortunately, Message has stopped. What is going on ?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried clearing the app cache?  Go into your application manager, find and tap the Messages+ app, and clear the cache.  If yo have a lot of messages, that may be causing the app to shut down as well.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messaging App closes application or states "Unfortunately, Message has stopped. What is going on ?
DianeGD

The same thing happened to my LG smartphone 3 times.  They had me go back to my factory settings but it worked for a week then the same thing happened again.  It says Messenger has stopped and closes the app.  It was the app that came with the phone.  After 3 times I am very disgusted and had to go back to my old basic phone.  I Give up.  My messenger does work on my old Octane phone.  Sorry I couldn't help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your text messages to work properly, DianeGD.  I would hate to have to go back to a basic phone when I own a smartphone. Which messaging application were you using? The standard messaging application or Verizon Messages? Don’t give up, I am sure that we can get your text messages back up and working. http://vz.to/1yilw6C

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you able to rely on our network for your messaging needs.  Is this still occurring on your phone?  Let us know so we can assist.
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes