Verizon Ringtone Issue
BNeumann1

I purchased a ringtone/ringback tone packaged together today from Verizon Tones and when I tried to set it as default ringtone says phone doesnt support this type of file.  Please help me.  Also since the Android 10 update I received a few days ago my Google Assistant stopped responding on Android Auto

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Ringtone Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! I love gtting Ringtones and Ringback tones too. I am sure I can help and see what is going on. Are you able to play and hear the ringtone? Has this worked before with another ringtone that you purchased? Once we resolve this then we can proceed with Google Assistant. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Easfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

The google assistant issue is a known issue for Android 10 update.  Would love it if VZW could roll us back from the defective update that broke android auto.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

An update has all the intention to improve performance rather than hinder it. I'm sorry that this is not the case here with Android Auto and the update.
Andriod Auto as you stated is aware, but unfortunately, it's a waiting game at this time.
https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/26883247?hl=en
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Easfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, in this case, they were WELL AWARE that this was a bug with this version and it was released anyway.  I am disappointed that Verizon put their stamp on it and sent it out to.  This is especially true since one of the premises for the delay in the update is that Verizon verifies that it's a good update - One of your competitors has halted rolling this out.  Maybe Verizon could look at a rollback option.

0 Likes
Easfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

This wasn't an ANDROID AUTO issue.  It was a SYSTEM UPDATE issue.  One that Verizon supposedly tested and released.  Has there been any progress in the fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Easfam, we are always working with our moderators to get answers to pressing questions regarding devices and features they offer. What make and model device do you have? Additionally, on that device is battery saver turned ON or OFF?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes