Verizon: Stop pushing flawed Marshmallow!
bell2200
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Note 5 and, as many people have now learned, there is a high failure rate for the Marshmallow update on these phones.  Testing done in Asia revealed the bugs.  They are well documented as affecting wifi access and battery-life in particular,  The problems are so common and widespread that Samsung announced the development of a fix for the Note 5 update to be rolled out at a later date. Yet, Verizon continues to push this update!  Look at these forums as well as others all over the internet.  Marshmallow is causing all manner of problems on the Note 5.  I don't want the update on my phone and now it has begun the process of nagging me.

Verizon-- pull back the update!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon: Stop pushing flawed Marshmallow!
bearone21
Legend

my download/install was text book perfect....see post 3/4/2016, the day 601 for the note5 came out.

if you're not having problems you may not after the install.

don't assume....................................

0 Likes
bell2200
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your particular experience is irrelevant and misses the point entirely.  I have little doubt that MOST Note 5s update without issue.  Even if 10% are unsuccessful,  that's an unacceptably high number.  The data are avaliable.  You could access them just as I did.  The problem is serious enough for Samsung to have recognized it and promised a fix.  So, it's a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] shoot for anyone who hasn't updated.  Once it's done it's near-impossible to go back.  Again, it's not about your personal experience, it's about an unacceptably high likelihood of failure, even if most of the time it works.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

One thing about statistics is assuming is made up in the air. What we do know is people who have problems to make it more vocal than those who do not. With less than 1% on that makes it was smaller than 10%  if it was a much larger issue thenow the update would have been stopped a LONG time ago. There's already history of this for the past 6 years. Often the problem is apps installed more than the update itself. People get inew this. I had problems every should as well mentality and over play it. This is a reason they do staggered releases.

0 Likes
bell2200
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know what exactly is the percentage.   It is enough for Samsung to have agreed to a modification.  Verizon rollouts do not have a stellar history.  Don't ASSUME that if the failure rate is above some specific number you pick, then the rollout would be stopped.  GO LOOK AT THE DATA!   I did and you're just musing.

0 Likes
bell2200
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, and there is no history, of course, for the Marshmallow update that spans six years?  Do you remember how Verizon bricked all those Incredibles with their update?  Do you remember the issues encountered by S4 users with Lollipop?  The problems were substantial.   Again... go read about the specific Note 5 issues.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes the S5 update was stopped because it was causing problems and restarted when the problem was fixed. There are other instances to boot. If there was enough problems especially at 10% they would have delayed the update.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes and that was cause by HTC and... HTC delayed the update and replaced phones. I owned one and I didn't get an update until they fixed the problem.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

no it's not, you're whining that you may have a problem if you do the 601 update, MAY being the key word.

bearone21
Legend

what modification have they agreed to, i follow gottabemobile, androidguy & a few others that have some fixes but nothing from samsung.

0 Likes