Verizon Upgrade Assistant
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Upgrade Assistant has attempted to download an update for me, every day, for the past week.  Then it tells me my phone is already up to date, but when I attempted to use the repair assistant it could not connect to my phone at all.  The driver are installed and I have full access to my phones internal and SD storage when it is connected to my PC.  Is there an update I should be getting now, or is it stuck in a loop downloading an old update for whatever reason?  I have since uninstalled the updater software as it is clearly not functioning well.  Please advise me on what might be the cause or solution to this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Upgrade Assistant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you're having issues with the Upgrade Assistant Maliceful. I'm sure the notifications are frustrating! Instead of using the Upgrade Assistant, please try Samsung Repair Assistant, (at the following link): http://vz.to/1eii8LX

This is a better tool for your Samsung.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

The repair assistant is not functioning either, as they are tied to the same program I would have thought this to be obvious.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to work with us. May I ask the current software version on your device? Go to Settings>About Phone>Baseband version and Build number.
Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

i605VRAMC3 baseband

JZ054K.i605WRAMC3 build number

0 Likes
re-ron

I will be watching your posts.  I have exactly the same problem plus I get messages in the bottom of my screen that say "failed binary downloads" but no errors anywhere else plus it always says phone is up to date.  Looks like very buggy software at the least.

0 Likes
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

I provided the information but did not receive a response...?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maliceful wrote:

I provided the information but did not receive a response...?

It might take a day or two for another VZW rep to respond again to this discussion thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
re-ron

Another problem I am having is that it is always downloading large update files to my computer but when I connect the phone it always says "Up to Date".  Where is it putting these files?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information Maliceful. I show your phone is up to date. I don't show any reported issues with this application. Are you having issues with any other application or functionalities on your phone? We may have to perform a factory reset.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes