Verizon cloud backup required for messages and data backup?
pnguyen338

Hey fellas -

Just upgraded my S7E to the Note 8 and wanted to ask a question about backup.  Prior to the Note 8, I had a Samsung account setup on the S7E that regularly backed up my call data, messages, app data.

Now with the Note 8, I don't have the same Samsung account backup capability but I noticed that Google has something similar?  I also didn't setup a Verizon Cloud account either. Is that required?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon cloud backup required for messages and data backup?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A Verizon Cloud account isn't required.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A Verizon Cloud account isn't required.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pnguyen338

Hi, thanks for your prompt response. So, just so I understand correctly, the Google Account listed under Backup Settings now takes the place of what the Samsung Account did prior to the Note 8?  So, it will backup my call data, messages and app data?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pnguyen, help is here as you we always want you to have those precious memories saved. Ann154 is correct as Verizon Cloud is not required but it is a great way to back up your phone's content. You can also use your Google account as a back up. I do hope this information helps. http://spr.ly/65818A7O5

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes