Verizon doesnt want my Note 7 back
lowsaturn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got off the phone with a Verizon representative. Since I was planning on purchasing two S7 Edges to replace our two Note 7's at either Costco (free $175 gift card with purchase) or Best Buy (Free TV with each purchase), I wanted to know how to return our Note 7's since I wasn't doing an upgrade via the Verizon website.

I was told to just keep the Note 7's. They didn't want them back. I was shocked. He said since I've been credited the monthly installment payments and my upgrade eligibility date as been reset, I can go ahead and buy what ever I want. Or not. He also said the $25 credit should show up in the next billing cycle as well as the taxes I paid on the phones.

I really don't want to get into a payment plan or pay full retail on a phone I really don't want. Actually two phones. But I also don't want to be carrying a possible self igniting road side flare in my pocket.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon doesnt want my Note 7 back
rosannem_vzw
Verizon Employee

lowsaturn the Note 7 was my choice for a new phone so I know how disappointing this has been. We want to make this as smooth as possible. We do actually require that the phones be returned. Special Handling recovery boxes are being sent to Note 7 customers who did not return their device to a physical location. You will want to return them as soon as you get the boxes.

View solution in original post

MRJones33
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you decide to sell it as a keepsake, hit me up. I think Verizon is going to make me trade mine in. I'd love to have one sitting in my archives and be able to tell people I have the best phone of 2016 and nobody is allowed to use anymore.

rosannem_vzw
Verizon Employee

lowsaturn the Note 7 was my choice for a new phone so I know how disappointing this has been. We want to make this as smooth as possible. We do actually require that the phones be returned. Special Handling recovery boxes are being sent to Note 7 customers who did not return their device to a physical location. You will want to return them as soon as you get the boxes.

mama23dogs
Legend

I strongly suggest you get a second opinion.  Samsung will be refunding Verizon for those returned.  I can't imagine they will refund those not returned. 

LatoyaH
Enthusiast - Level 3

You cant sell and upgrade.  You will be charged for one.  Look at the Nexus 6, S7 and the Google Pixel.  They are comparable.  The only difference is no other phone have a pen..   Google search what phones are comparable or similar to the NOTE 7.  Going from my Note 7 to a phone that is less than, for the same price is not something I wanted to do.

mama23dogs
Legend

I ordered a Pixel.  Can't wait.  Just sold my 6p. 

The 6P was the phone to beat for an entire year, every other phablet was compared, including the Note 5 and Note 7.   I still have my Note 3 if I miss the s-pen.   I got over it pretty quick with the 6p

0 Likes
JONBRI25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Err we are not allowed to return them to stores they refuse to take them.  Meanwhile we have to store then in our houses to wait for you guys to stop lying to us.

mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon's official stand.  Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

If a retailer won't take the phone, raise a little Cain.   They have to take the phone back.

0 Likes
Dweston67

When I called and went to store they refused to give refund. Said they needed to wait till corporate received phone and take three days to process. How did you get refund without sending phones in?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ATT is taking them back in the stores. 

Really Verizon?  Not cool.

0 Likes