Re: Verizon note 10 plus 5g is a scam
520tsmith
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have this problem and I'm very upset, been a Verizon customer for well over 10 years and that's about to change. I had called about this issue about a month ago, and was told by their Tier 2 tech guys that it was going to roll out in an update. Now I'm finding out that an update can't solve this as it has the wrong hardware.

Thanks for not helping Verizon...

Dirtmcgirt44
Enthusiast - Level 1

What options are you offering

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dirtmcgirt44 We want to make sure that you get the assistance you need. What's the make/model of your device? Please tell me more about your questions? We are here to help you. 

EvelynR_VZW

0 Likes
sgeller63
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also very angry that the 5G Note 10+ I spent a premium for isn't compatible with the nationwide 5G system Verizon just opened up. I want to confirm there won't be an update to the phone to allow access? This is (to say the least) NOT what I expected when I purchased the phone. I need a list of options to see how this might be rectified!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sgeller63, thank you for reaching out today. We understand wanting your device to have all the best capabilities. As the manufacturer designs the updates not the carrier we do not know if there will be any updates that change the capability. As previously mentioned, the network is changing all the time as well and we're continuing to expand both 5G options. 

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
xLP22x
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wait so because i pre order my note 10+ 5g i have one bot capable if usuing 5g?????

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xLP22x, we want to make sure you are aware of all of your options to receive 5G coverage. Allow us the opportunity to assist. We have sent you a Private Message. Please respond to that message. Thank you. 

0 Likes
bbrowning911
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worse yet, they put me on a plan that can't even access 5G and they won't allow me to add it (ultra wideband btw).  They sold me the phone with a plan that literally CAN'T add on the only 5G that works with the phone, and instead they are trying to force me to upgrade.  

Agreements to waive class actions are rarely enforceable, although the mandatory arbitration clauses here are in play.  Anyone else thinking of taking this to the next level?  The fact that they sold me this piece of garbage phone, that they won't allow me to root or access the fastboot / boot loader on, that they called 5G that doesn't work with their nationwide 5G, with a plan that can't work with the only technology that the phone does work is criminal.  

bbrowning911
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is that they do the background checks and add bloatware enough where they are every bit of as responsible for standing behind their claims.  They were in complete control of how they marketed this and what 5G network they decided to rollout.  They led us to believe they were full bore on rolling out 5G solution that would work with this phone, but they weren't.  They misled and sold these phones under the premise through their advertising that they were "doing 5g the right way" which they then about faced on effectively bricking their own 5G capabilities on their devices.  It was bait and switch.

bbrowning911
Enthusiast - Level 2

My model # is SM-N976V.  I want a full refund for this phone and I'd like to cancel this contract.  You take the phone back and/or even buy it from me for the remaining balance on it.  I just want to walk away from this company.