Re: Verizon note 10 plus 5g is a scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, MWJamesLDS, are you still having trouble with 5G UW? The Note 10 is not compatible with 5G Nationwide https://www.verizon.com/support/software-updates-5g-nationwide/ .

We would be happy to help take a look! Did you use a new 5G SIM card when activating your phone? Also, are you currently on a plan that includes 5G UW? 

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
Jamblast
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue and feel completely scammed! I brought my note 10 plus 5g last year in November and changed my plan to a plan they had that was 5g capable when they rolled out 5g here in Kansas City MO. Verizon told me KC would have it before end of 2019. Lies, as they just got it in November. Was on the phone with Verizon and all the reps stated the same runaround about my phone is 5g just doesn't show it and "you have to upgrade again to get 5g". I have been with the company for over a decade but I feel this is my last year with this new scam company. Verizon has changed for the worse!

Jamblast
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI- 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/22/22196060/verizon-5g-slower-than-lte-speed-test

So basically its not good anyways so.... smh. Shame on Verizon!

hortoristic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm def pretty good at dealing with customer support - but man; the Loyalty # they just won't budge. You bought it - it's yours.   Was given option to trade in for $350 after I pay the $800 owed on it.  Said it works as advertised as it will work at Spokane mall - just nowhere else in WA!

I'm going down the small claims path.  Downside it's prob all on Xoom now - as I was looking forward to verizon having to send a rep to small claims.  Someone mentioned class action lawsuit - I think there's ton of us that would be onboard for that.   

hortoristic
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about giving some of us others options - "other" than just buying another phone or waiving some fee - let us trade it in; waive the rest of the device payments and your going to make money off me when I but the next phone - why is this so hard.  

We aren't trying to take advantage of you - it can't be said the same of you.

hortoristic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah; the store said I needed a new sim.  Charged me $10 and come to find out the hardware will NEVER support nationwide 5g

Bobsacto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Horistic I believe you and the other Note 10 5G customers have a case for not getting what you could reasonably expect. But I have to ask did they charge you $10 for a new SIM at a company store, one run and staffed by Verizon, or the much more common third-party shop. I ask because I've never heard of charging for a new or replacement SIM, at least when provided directly by Verizon. I have a Note 20 5G Ultra and I had to replace my old SIM that was in it to get the nationwide 5G. There wasn't any cost.

Christoff1987
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am.also feelin scammed with my purchase.  These need to be refunded. This was a bait and switch tactic. I specifically bought this phone to have 5g . I PAID EXTRA to have the 5g capability 

Verizon note 10 plus 5g is not capable of what the rep said. I screenshot the message
MrNegative370
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is the screenshot I took of the promise of both 5g nationwide and UWB. Pictures is worth a thousand words.

Screenshot_20201203-083137_Samsung Internet.jpg

MrNegative370
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently it does support nationwide.

Screenshot_20201203-083137_Samsung Internet.jpg

 of you can get it working for me that would be most helpful.