Re: Very disappointed in Verizon. This is not the Verizon I know.
amadeus1171

Thank you for the advice. I will use it.

0 Likes
Re: Very disappointed in Verizon.  This is not the Verizon I know.
amadeus1171

What does random breakage look like?

And what would it look like if something hit it?  If something hit it wouldn't there be some kind of external evidence, such as a scratch on the glass?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

not if it was in your pocket, or a pouch...  My son has done it before(actually more than once).  One of the reasons why I get insurance for him.

0 Likes
amadeus1171

If you will look closely at the origin of the fracture you will notice that it begins as a very small straight line.  I would love to see the internals of this phone and what is below that line.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I recall the fuss over the GS3 glass breaks well.   Every single one of these supposed , "glass break, no drop" claims admitted the phone had been in a pocket.   ( and they always put cell phones in their pockets before without a problem.)

All the pictures posted looked like stress fractures from bending the phone or a single impact fracture, from being hit in one spot pretty hard.

I'm not saying there were no defective GS3 or that this phone isn't defective.  I am saying you don't have any proof, which is what you must have to support a class action suit.

I also think the insurance for phones needs overhauling.   Most policies have a deductible equal to the cost of glass replacement.  Which I imagine about 99% of claims are for glass.  What a scam!  $8 a month, $96 a year and a pretty much guarantee never to have to pay out for a repair.

0 Likes
amadeus1171

And that's what Samsung counts on.  Lack of definitive proof.  I'm pretty sure this was an actuary decision.  It's cheaper to deny and accuse the consumer than to fix the phones.  We're all just dumb, oafish brutes, after all, that smash our phones every chance we get.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Oh, you better believe it!   They pay those guys big bucks to know what claims will cost them money, so that can generously cover everything else.

However, in the case of the GS3 glass breaks, everyone who admitted to putting their phone in a pocket, was guilty of mis-handling their phone, but just couldn't admit it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's why I said the batches matter. If multiple of these cracked glass happens within a batch it puts reasonable plausibility that the screens are faulty.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

In most cases judges have been known that 5% constitutes enough to have a "recall"(replacements) of those within that batch range.

0 Likes
amadeus1171

Any idea where to find the batch number for a Galaxy Note 3 per chance?

0 Likes