Very disappointed in Verizon. This is not the Verizon I know.
amadeus1171

Ok, it looks like I cannot paste my text, so I will have to add it as an attachment.

Synopsis:

Samsung phones have a manufacturer's defect where the screens crack internally without misuse.  My phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and after 3 days of usage this problem occurred.  I did not drop the phone nor did I press on it too hard.  Verizon needs to honor the manufacturer's warranty and replace these defective phones instead of referring us to the warranty program.

0 Likes
Re: Very disappointed in Verizon. This is not the Verizon I know.
Tidbits
Legend

All carriers and retailers will do the same thing. Anyone could say they didn't drop it or what not. I wish you luck, and hope you can figure something out.

0 Likes
amadeus1171

Here is the thing, I am not the only one this issue is happening to. Many

others have been complaining about the same thing and Verizon does nothing.

Verizon needs to take ownership of this instead of passing the buck onto

the consumer.

I am putting this prediction out there. Within the next 6 months I predict

that Verizon, Samsung, and all other companies associated will have a

lawsuit on their hands concerning the cracked screen problem.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I bet not... If it was going to happen it would have already happened.

0 Likes
Re: Very disappointed in Verizon.  This is not the Verizon I know.
amadeus1171

Give it time.  Not enough people are pissed off yet.  It only takes one really pissed off person to start a class action law suit.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It would have happened already at the lower levels... Verizon won't even bat an eye. If it was such a big defect then it would affect more than just Verizon. Verizon and carriers for that matter are middlemen for manufacturers and consumers based on what manufacturers warranties are set forth.

Talk to Samsung and see what they say. I bet they'll drop it off at Verizon or tell you that if you send it in they'll charge you for repair.

0 Likes
amadeus1171

Verizon directed me to the protection plan and they are processing a

replacement. Note, this is at my cost because Verizon is taking the stance

that I damaged the phone, and the protection plan only covers two

replacements, and after the second replacement they will drop me from the

plan. And my worry is, what if the same exact thing happens again with the

replacement?

0 Likes
amadeus1171

Incidentally, I did a Google search for other carriers and their customers are also having the same thing happen.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then proved my point...

It goes beyond carriers... You'd have a better chance going after Samsung than any carrier. They do not manufacturer the device and follow the warranty guidelines set forth by the manufacturer.

0 Likes
amadeus1171

But I am not a customer of Samsung.  I am a customer of Verizon.  And by proxy, Verizon sold me this phone with an explicit warranty.  With me, Verizon has an obligation to honor the warranty in regard to manufacturer defects and provide a replacement.  With Samsung, the burden is on Verizon to bring Samsung to bear to address and correct these defects.

It is just good customer service to make sure your subscribers have a quality phone and not a flimsy thing that breaks on a warm day.

0 Likes