Visual voice mail - don't want
MaliasRV
Enthusiast - Level 3

I keep getting messages about setting up visual voice mail.  I don't want it and I don't want to keep getting messages.  How to stop getting messages?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual voice mail - don't want
MaliasRV
Enthusiast - Level 3

Final post on this - I finally reached a Verizon customer service rep who said she would remove the trial and put basic voice mail back on.  She put a block on visual voice mail so nothing about it should come up again.  Hopefully this is the end to this aggravation!  I definitely suggest Verizon educate their tech support to quit putting the blame on Samsung instead of dealing with the issue.  I wonder how many people don't realize it takes minutes from their data plan to use this?  Pretty sneaky if you ask me, especially since we can't seem to disable this on our own.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MaliasRV,

Oh my, I am sorry that this message keeps popping up, I am sure it is rather bothersome. Let's get rid of this pop up so you can enjoy your phone. To stop the visual voice mail indicator please go to settings, application manager, visual voice mail, uninstall updates and force stop. Please let us know if this helps.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MaliasRV
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it really is a pain to keep having that bong go off every hour!  I've gone to Settings and application manager, but there is no visual voice mail showing there.  I'm on hold now with Verizon on the phone and they don't know how to do it, either!  This is ridiculous - there is no option to cancel that I can see.  This has got to stop, so please figure it out and let me know.  I've tried searching for it on MyVerizon and no luck there, either.  The tech on the phone said it was a system enhancement.  It's not an enhancement if you don't want it and are bothered every hour!

0 Likes
MaliasRV
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone tech just told me that it's Samsung deal and Verizon can't do anything about it.  He said to go ahead and accept and then I could probably disable it.  I did that and saw in the Terms & Conditions that it uses data from your plan.  Since I don't have unlimited data, I certainly don't appreciate that!  But I did accept and went through the hoops in order to disable it.  But it still doesn't show up in my applications and I still can't see how to disable it.  Seems to me you should figure it out because from Google search and various forums, lots of people are bothered by this and our service is with Verizon, not Samsung, and it's Verizon that will charge for the data used.  I don't appreciate my time being wasted this way.  I don't want visual voice mail and I certainly don't want it to use my data.  It was not a big deal to get my voice mail before, but this is a big pain!

0 Likes
MaliasRV
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't believe how much time and aggravation this is!  Verizon said it's Samsung - I just called Samsung and they said it's not from them - it's a carrier issue.  So Verizon is going to charge me for data used for a service I don't want and can't get rid of.  I'm glad I didn't have to sign another contract with Verizon because this is more ammunition for cancelling with Verizon once my current contract is up! 

0 Likes
MaliasRV
Enthusiast - Level 3

Final post on this - I finally reached a Verizon customer service rep who said she would remove the trial and put basic voice mail back on.  She put a block on visual voice mail so nothing about it should come up again.  Hopefully this is the end to this aggravation!  I definitely suggest Verizon educate their tech support to quit putting the blame on Samsung instead of dealing with the issue.  I wonder how many people don't realize it takes minutes from their data plan to use this?  Pretty sneaky if you ask me, especially since we can't seem to disable this on our own.

0 Likes
jellwinger

Same issue here. I don't want to pay for something "better" when the old basic voice mail worked fine.  I can't access the basic voicemail the same way, and I don't have the visual voice mail app downloaded to disable it.  Customer service by phone is a long wait, unresponsive.  This is a shameful way to promote a new service. Verizon is at fault, it doesn't have anything to do with the hardware.  Verizon, you are wasting our personal time. COME UP WITH A SOLUTION, NOW!!!!

0 Likes
Lherna

Having the same problem here.  Spent nearly 45 minutes with tech support who had no idea how to help then had me try something saying it would fix the problem....needless to say it did not fix a thing.  There is no way to disable this on my own and I can't get help from anyone at Verizon! 

0 Likes
Shelbyfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is how I turned it off.

Make sure you are running TouchWiz. It doesn't work with other launchers. Just go to default apps and select TouchWiz home. If you have not added a better launcher then ignore that step.

Drag the visual voicemail app to a home screen if it isn't there already.

Now drag it up as to delete it and you will see options, one of which is to disable it. Drag it there.

That is how I do it when I reset my phone.  If it doesn't work for you then I don't know.

After that is done disable all other Verizon apps, except My Verizon. That is good for paying the bill. The others are junk.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jellwinger wrote:

Same issue here. I don't want to pay for something "better" when the old basic voice mail worked fine.  I can't access the basic voicemail the same way, and I don't have the visual voice mail app downloaded to disable it.  Customer service by phone is a long wait, unresponsive.  This is a shameful way to promote a new service. Verizon is at fault, it doesn't have anything to do with the hardware.  Verizon, you are wasting our personal time. COME UP WITH A SOLUTION, NOW!!!!

Basic visual voice mail is free. if you upgraded you G2 or Galaxy S5 so you can use Advanced Calling 1.0 you're not going to have a choice.

0 Likes