Voice Mail *86 just returns fast busy
K2AAE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone showed I had a voice mail but when I dialed I got fast busy, the voice mail notification disappeared and now I can only get a busy signal when I dial voice mail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail *86 just returns fast busy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

K2AAE, access to Voicemail to ensure you do not miss anything important is imperative, so we are here to assist. How are other services on the phone working? Do you manually dial *86 or is it programmed into the contact list?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
K2AAE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used the key pad to enter *86 then I just used the Verizon voice mail app :

Something Went Wrong

blah ~ blah

Error code 9009

Since I switched to my new phone I've used Voice mail but now it is broken.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

K2AAE, it's concerning to hear that you are receiving these error messages. What make and model phone are you using? Do you know if people are allowed to leave you a voicemail?

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
K2AAE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - has been able to retrieve voice mail but that just stopped, I think after the latest update. I just tried the Verizon VM app, it now says I have no voice mail instead of an error. When I dial *86 I still get fast busy and when I try to leave myself a voice mail the phone routes me to the voice mail app and fast busy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to have voice mail on your phone. We do want to help you with this issue, but it is something that cannot be handled through this community forum. 

We have sent you a Private Message, please only respond to that message going forward. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes