Re: Voice Mail Alerts???
gbtjom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, you go to option "4" for Personal Options.  After than you go to "2" for Administrative Options.  However after that, at least when I call, there is NO option to turn on/off notifications.  You do have several things you can choose but, again, NONE are for turning on/off notifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your patience with us, gbtjom. It  appears we were mistaken when advising you of the steps through the Voice Mail system. The first step is Personal Options however at that you you should choose 1 again for Outcall Notifications. This is your main notifications and should be set to on.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
gbtjom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry but that is not correct.  Pushing "4" gives you "Personal Options".  At that point pushing "1" does nothing...it is NOT a choice according to the system.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Odd ... when I get the phone tree and press 4 for personal options, I'm then given several choices, one of which is 1 for notifications on/off.  I wonder if you might need to call Customer Service and have them reset your voice mail?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have the option for notifications on/off in my voicemail either under the personal options menu tree. It starts with option 2 administrative options and so on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

At the risk of repeating myself ... odd.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gbtjom,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! We'll get this figured out. Please DM me your name and wireless number for additional assistance.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

- You'll need to send a Follow request to that they'll have to approve.  They likewise will have to send you a Follow request that you'll have to approve.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message.

0 Likes
gbtjom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

As suggested above I finally went ahead and called Verizon help line and they fixed the problem.  I now have the little number that pops up on the "Voicemail" app when I get a message.  Yay!

It seemed to come down to NOT having that "notifications" on/off choice on my voicemail session as I mentioned.  The helpline person was confused why I did not have that choice whereas they (using their own phone as a test) did.

We also both noticed that when you call into the voicemail system and do the password I don't have to enter a "#" key at the end (it does NOT has me to) whereas the person at the helpline said you DID.  Another odd difference.

So it seems to me if anything Verizon needs to fix their voicemail call-in menus as they don't seem to be common across all customers.  Even the person at the Verizon helping me found that very strange.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gbtjom wrote:

Hello

As suggested above I finally went ahead and called Verizon help line and they fixed the problem.  I now have the little number that pops up on the "Voicemail" app when I get a message.  Yay!

It seemed to come down to NOT having that "notifications" on/off choice on my voicemail session as I mentioned.  The helpline person was confused why I did not have that choice whereas they (using their own phone as a test) did.

We also both noticed that when you call into the voicemail system and do the password I don't have to enter a "#" key at the end (it does NOT has me to) whereas the person at the helpline said you DID.  Another odd difference.

So it seems to me if anything Verizon needs to fix their voicemail call-in menus as they don't seem to be common across all customers.  Even the person at the Verizon helping me found that very strange.

I don't have to enter the # symbol either after entering my password to access the voicemail. I wonder what the difference is between one version versus the other? I know I should be using the most recent version of the voicemail system since my current voicemail was setup in April/May 2011 when ported my phone number back from AT&T.

The strange thing is that I don't recall ever having to enter the # symbol to access voicemail in the nine years prior of having a Verizon Wireless account and phone number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes