Voice mail
Blorff
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I click the voice mail icon I get a screen that bugs me to subscribe to visual voice mail for $2,99 a month. I don't want to pay $2.99 a month and never will, but there does not seem to be any way to switch this off and just get a list or count of my voice mails, then tap to call.

Please explain how to eliminate the pesterware or fix this so it functions the same way it did on my Droid Incredible 2.

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you referring to the Voicemail icon located in the app drawer or home screen? You're are correct about it asking you to subscribe to the visual voicemail. That icon is only for the Visual Voicemail.

To access the regular voicemail, dial *86 or touch the notification line under the notification bar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how annoying it is to receive an automatic pop up everytime you check voice mail Blorff. The pop up should allow you to open and decline the option or close the pop up. This should stop it from appearing until you're ready to utilize the feature. When you check voicemail, do you tap on the visual voicemail icon on your phone, this would also prompt it to appear.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Blorff
Enthusiast - Level 2

What you refer to as a "visual voicemail icon" is a "Voicemail icon" on all prior phones I have used. Where is the "Voicemail icon" that does what I asked above?

0 Likes
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

Annoying?!!!  Ridiculous is more like it!  It's bad enough that these phones come pre-loaded with all this CRAPWARE that wastes precious space and resources on our phones. 

Please tell me why, when I want to check in on my voicemails, I must first decline signing up for a service that costs $2.99 /month for a service I DO NOT WANT! 

CRAPWARE..it's what Verizon is all about!

jahli
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the .  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

Agreed on the bloatware but I've never seen that one probably because I never ever use a Verizon app when I don't have to.  I hold down the one key on the phone's number pad & use Google Voice too.

0 Likes
geolori

I just spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone and on chat with their support only to find out you need to get used to being asked to purchase visual voice mail.

Verizon is the single worst company I have ever seen.  Bad enough you pay a huge monthly bill, but they hold your voice mails hostage until you cycle through their sales pitch.  They then tried to tell me it was googles fault.  Yes its googles fault that Verizon forces its customers to click through Verizon adds. 

Total BS I have to bypass their sales pitches by re-adding shortcuts to things as inane as voicemail.

0 Likes