mlavigne

I have had my Note 4 for I do believe about 6 months.  Just a couple of weeks ago I started to have wifi issues.  When I get home I see connected to (My routers name) and so I will think I am connected!  Then a few minutes later it will pop up again.  This keeps happening.  So I took it to my verizon store and they sent me a replacement phone and I just got the phone Monday!  It is doing the same thing.  My husbands phone however stays connected to the internet.  I have tried everything.  I need help!

0 Likes
Re: WIFI
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mlavigne

I'm sure this has become a frustrating experience for you, especially considering this is happening to your replacement device as well.  I would love to assist in resolving this wireless issue for you.

First, you mentioned that your husband's phone stays connected to your home WiFi with no problems.  What model phone does he have?

Have you downloaded any type of security, antivirus or data saver applications to your device?  If so, please uninstall the applications http://vz.to/1RhmmWI and retest your WiFi connection.  I would also like for you to test your WiFi connection for a few hours with the device powered up in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1P8W7Tf and let me know how your connection holds.  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mlavigne

I haven't downloaded any of those app!  All the Apps that I have, I have had almost since I have had the phone!  How would you know if it is an App that is making your wifi act up, especially since I have all of these for quite some time?  I am trying the safe mode thing right now.  Will let you know

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mlavigne

Having a stable connection to your wifi is very important. What happened when you tried the phone in Safe Mode? What are the make/model of your Husbands device?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mlavigne

In Safe mode it seemed to do ok!  My husband has Motorola Droid turbo and my son has the iPhone 5c.  My phone just started doing this not very long ago so it's mind boggling

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mlavigne

That is great to hear it worked in Safe Mode. That tells us there is something happening with the Software on the phone. Have you installed any new applications recently or had any updates?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mlavigne

Nope.  I haven't added any new apps that I haven't already had on my phone.  That is where I am lost lol.  I just got my replacement phone like a week ago tomorrow

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mlavigne, we want to be sure we get this fixed for you. Do you use our Verizon Cloud to back up your phone? You can check that here: http://vz.to/1NYqEkj The reason this is important is, the next step will be a factory reset. This will erase the phone. Here are the steps you will need: http://vz.to/1Mfkl9h
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mlavigne

I have already Factory reset my phone twice!

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:47 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you factory reset WITHOUT restoring the settings and applications?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes