Wallpapers and live wallpapers
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

For some of you who have their own fav wallpapers or live wallpapers....as you can see Samsung didn't give you much of a choice, their papers or none.....all the live wp's I've bought and are constantly updated would have NOT been available if I wasn't using Nova Launcher since my Note 4.  Christmas HD and Haunted House HD are among my holiday favs....check out Play, they are cool....I ONLY know what I've experienced....I had a Note 5 and soon as I activated the Note 7 and signed on to Google, a popup screen came up recognizing my Note 5, and did I want to transfer from it....I also used Smart Switch .....tech supp suggested using Google backup/restore option also.....back to wp's.....by transferring all my apps along w/ Nova launchers, I imported my backed up Launchers settings and walla, LOTS of tweakings were in place.  Long press the screen or the "back" icon brings up the menus available on the Note 5 and I have access to all the live wallpapers I've purchased.

Then we come to the LOCK SCREEN:  no way to get past this as w/ the 5, so after 2 days of tech supp, I ended up taking a screenshot of my current live wp and since the gallery is available in the first selection item, I was able to make the lock screen to match my home screen, even though it isn't live.
The fascinating addition is the screensaver option....only 4 of my live ones were available....so when you are charging and the "clock" comes up then the next thing I see is Space HD, Ocean HD, or Haunted House HD....which is cool...but it made wireless charger process slower as there is CONSTANT movement/panning scenes...I haven't tried direct charging, which i'm doing now.....BTW, I REALLY like the fast charging stand, so much more efficient than the other and you can keep your screen in view so when a notification comes in, you don't have to pick up the phone to look...or watch a video in portrait/landscape while keeping the phone charged... fast charging stand is great

0 Likes
Re: Wallpapers and live wallpapers
bearone21
Legend

it's not a surprise that wireless charging takes more time & why i have always charged my verizon phones off, with the wall charger.

i can take care of any notification, missed calls or messages when the phone is powered up.

live wp must really eat up the battery.

0 Likes
Re: Wallpapers and live wallpapers
Amm0n

Thank you.  I was wondering how to use my live wallpapers since Samsung was being a pest and locking them out.  It's taking me a bit to redo all my setup I had prior but so far it's very worth while.

0 Likes