Want to return to old phone - not a new Note 7 or downgrade to S7
Scharven

Greetings,

I purchased my Note 7 online - not through a store.

I do not wish to have a new Note 7, nor do I wish to have a downgrade, such as a S7.

How do I go about having service restored to my previous phone?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Want to return to old phone - not a new Note 7 or downgrade to S7
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the SIM card is the same size, just put the SIM in your old phone.

If the sizes differ, then take the SIM out of the Note7, put the correct SIM (the same one that was in the phone if you still have it), and log on to your account and follow the prompts to switch devices.  You may need to disable wifi for the network connection to be properly synced up, then enable it once connection is established.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the SIM card is the same size, just put the SIM in your old phone.

If the sizes differ, then take the SIM out of the Note7, put the correct SIM (the same one that was in the phone if you still have it), and log on to your account and follow the prompts to switch devices.  You may need to disable wifi for the network connection to be properly synced up, then enable it once connection is established.

0 Likes
veacct3

And will it be possible to get my "Month2month" discount back if I had it before I got the Note 7?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are referring to your Month2Month $15 or $25 discount on the More Everything plan, and you changed plans to get the Note 7 to one of the S, M, L, or larger plans - then no.  More Everything is no longer, you can't go back.  The line access fee on the newer plans is $20 per line for non-contract, BYOP or DPP phones.

If you mean something different, post back and clarify.

veacct3

What if I got the Note 7 upgrades through the DPP, had the "Month2Month" discount before, made no changes to the "More Everything Plan" (just upgrading through DPP), but now that I am returning the Note 7? Since I am returning the Note 7, shouldn't the "Month2Month" discount be reinstated since this is being returned due to the recall?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your line access cost on More Everything with the Note 7 on a DPP?  I confess I haven't kept up with the changes and how they affect the More Everything plan, since we abandoned that one and went with the newer  buckets and carryover and Safety Mode - it was much more cost effective all around for us.

Did you keep the M2M discount when you went on the DPP with the Note 7?  If not, are you paying a $40 line access fee?  Whatever it is, the M2M $15 and $25 discounts are no longer, so I don't think you'll be getting that back.  Check out the new plans - you'll pay $20 line access per month, no contracts, and you buy your phone up front or on DPP.  The data buckets, carryover, and Safety Mode (no overages) may work for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question! May we ask if the line that has the Note 7 is the line receiving the month to month discount? KleoL

_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
veacct3

Hi, yes, the line that has the Note 7 is the same line that has been receiving the "Month2month" $25 discount.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

veacct3 wrote:

Hi, yes, the line that has the Note 7 is the same line that has been receiving the "Month2month" $25 discount.

Are you still receiving the $25 discount?  If not, what is the line access fee you are being charged for that line?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

veacct3 wrote:

What if I got the Note 7 upgrades through the DPP, had the "Month2Month" discount before, made no changes to the "More Everything Plan" (just upgrading through DPP), but now that I am returning the Note 7? Since I am returning the Note 7, shouldn't the "Month2Month" discount be reinstated since this is being returned due to the recall?

This is very likely a wait and see scenario. I can tell you that I purchased a phone a couple of months ago. I wanted to purchase at full retail value in order to keep my month to month discount. The store rep stated to do that, I would purchase on DPP and then simply pay off the DPP resulting in the same outcome. I was leery about keeping my month to month discount after paying off the DPP at the time, but was considering switching to the Verizon Plan for about the same total cost so didn't put up much of a fuss.

As it ends up, I purchased the device on DPP and IMMEDIATELY paid off the DPP purchase agreement. My next bill showed up and I still had the month to month discount on the line in question and continue to have it 2 months later.

I don't know if I still have it because the DPP was not active for long enough so that the Verizon system didn't really have time to remove my month to month discount or that it was simply automatically reinstated after paying off the DPP purchase. It MAY be that once the month to month discount has been attached to your line, it will simply activate when the line is month to month. I don't know and why I say it is a wait and see scenario.

Hopefully this has not been too confusing.Smiley Happy

0 Likes