Warranty not bring honored
VIONAR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Galaxy Note 8 and all of a sudden I cant hear anyone unless they are on speaker phone. I called verizon went through all troubleshooting tactics  and was told my phone is still under manufacturers warranty but they cannot help me cause I have a restriction on my account........I had a returned check due to my deposit being returned 2 months ago. I paid it, still pay my bill, have service. Been a customer prolly over 10 years now. And they refuse to honor tbe warranty???? What is going on??? I dont understand why a supervisor has not talked with me or why Im having trouble with this.

Re: Warranty not bring honored
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then call Samsung and process the warranty claim with the manufacturer which is where the warranty came from in the first place.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VIONAR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is this the normal process? I have always had to go through the company I

bought product through. Samsung doesn't even know about this issue cause no

claim has been filed. That's the whole point of buying through

Verizon......if they dont honor the warranty why do they advertise and

promote them?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless is only facilitating the warranty for Samsung.

Would you file or make a warranty claim for a TV with the store you purchased it from like Best Buy or would contact the manufacturer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VIONAR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually Best buy did it for us when our TV went faulty. Said we had to go

through them, so there ya go.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Where ever you send the phone to Verizon or Samsung I would take pictures of the phone before I send it back. This could help in case something happens to the phone while it is being shipped. I have read on here where people send their phone backs and by the time it gets there the screen or something else got damaged on the phone.

0 Likes
VIONAR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for that tip! I wouldn't have thought about that!

On Fri, May 18, 2018, 11:06 AM kathy65793 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VIONAR42, it's always disheartening to have a new device develope a problem. Luckily, we do have the factory warranty that can be used, to replace a defective device. Ann154 is correct that we honor the manufacturer warranty offered by Samsung. I saw in your post you mentioned an issue with a payment that had been made. At the time you initially contacted us to do the troubleshooting and replacement, was there a past due balance on the account? The one restriction we have with sending a warranty replacement through VZW is there cannot be a past due balance on the account. Please let me know if we need to look at this in greater detail and if you still need assistance with the replacement.

JohnTr_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VIONAR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

My next payment is not due till June 2nd

On Sat, May 19, 2018, 1:19 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VIONAR42, it sounds like we need to take a look at the situation in greater detail. I sent you a Private Message; please respond back so I can help find the best resolution for your warranty replacement.

JohnTr_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes