Weak signal
jcgo

A very weak signal at the 79849 area. Calls at home are sometimes not received or the caller cannot hear. I know it has nothing to do with my phone because it has been an ongoing issue with several phones. In addition, the signal does not improve while outside the house, it will actually go into roaming at times. It is becoming very frustrating. I was hoping Verizon will improve reception in the area. However, after several years I do not think it will happen. I heard of reception busters. Don't know much about them. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to stay connected, jcgo. NNetwork Extenders, such as the Samsung 4G Network Extender 2, are basically miniature cell towers that plug in to your internet, and provide coverage. A Consumer Signal Booster does not require an internet connection, and amplifies your signal strength.  While Verizon Wireless does not sell Consumer Signal Boosters, they are available with third parties, and may be registered with your account. Consumer Signal Boosters may also be installed in a vehicle, such as a truck, RV, or a boat

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
jks2

Based on response to the original question - do I understand correctly that if I have a weak signal in the house, at certain parts of the house such as not next to a window, I would need to purchase something out of personal funds to have basic signal throughout the house.  This house is only about 15 years old - so built after cell phones were a thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We totally understand where you are coming from, and we want you to have the best option that meets your needs.

Service indoors cannot be guaranteed since there are so many different types of homes and structures that can block or absorb the signal before it reaches inside. A Network Extender is just one option, another option is to use features on the phone like Wi-Fi Calling. 

Also, being so close to the border causes other challenges to the signal that we can provide to that area. This is due to our agreements we must abide by that are established by the FCC and international providers just across the border. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
jks2

what border is in zip 70072?

So spend money to get signal is the answer?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

No, that’s one option if you had read the reply 

0 Likes
jks2

I did - but likely the answer.  Trying WiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JKS2, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing signal concerns and definitely do want to get to the bottom of this. When did this begin? Which services are affected? Please provide the nearest cross streets and zip code.

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
wr100
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened to our entire neighborhood two weeks ago, All Verizon customers, all at the same time. The service robots are telling us (a) there is no problem and (b) there is a technical network issue that is being worked on. No explanation of  the problem, no indication how long it will last. But they do keep telling us how important we are.  If any actual Verizon humans read this page, what the heck is going on?

0 Likes
wr100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right, right, right! They are asking ust to buy equipment to enable service that we pay full price for. Verizon used to be known for its excellent coverage. What happened?

0 Likes