Weird issues with Note 10+
Davidtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

So a few weeks ago, I got this Note 10+.  I've been having a lot of weird problems with this phone.  

I can't download any apps over wifi.  (My wife's new pixel 4 works just fine on wifi.)  Downloading apps over 4G works but is super slow.  When I'm on wifi and run speed test, I get over 100 Mb/s.  Can do everything else, browse the web etc.  Just can't download apps.

When using Google maps for navigation, when I first launch it and start navigating, it just shows a dot, not an arrow, and the screen just randomly moves until i drive about a half a mile.  Then it starts working.

Trivia Crack app, when its showing a question, it just shows a blank screen and in the middle, there's icons quickly cycling between all the categories and it never shows me a question.  Then after a minute or so it says I didn't answer in time and I lose my turn.

We have a ring Doorbell and in the ring app, I can't view live video.  It just shows a blue circle and black screen.  

So I figured I was getting close to my 2 week window to return the phone.  I went to Verizon today and exchanged the phone for another exactly same Note 10+.  I'm having all the same issues on the new phone.  What is up with all of these issues?  I've had android phones in the past and never had this many issues.  

Labels (1)
Re: Weird issues with Note 10+
Davidtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to mention all the other issues happen when I'm on wifi or 4g.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use your device, Davidtech. Did you transfer your applications from an older device, or set them up as new when you got this one? 

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for the clarification. Could you please make sure that all apps on your device are up to date? Also, please restart your device and test your services once again.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Davidtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

All the apps should be up to date.  I just got the phone and downloaded the apps fresh.  I rebooted my phone earlier today and still having the issues.

0 Likes
Davidtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I decided to order a new router for our home network.  So far, everything is working when using the new wifi.  Weird that the old wifi worked with my wife and daughters phones but not this Note 10+.  Also doesn't explain why i have issues with the ring Doorbell and trivia crack over 4g.  Although I'm thinking that might be because everytime i try to do those two things, I'm at home and we get not the greatest cell signal at home.  Dont know why we get so bad of signal... calls work fine but I usually only have one bar of service.  But we live in a subdivision in a pretty major city of our area.  It's not like we live out in the boondocks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Davidtech, I am glad to learn that your new router resolved the Wi-Fi issues you were having. We want to do everything we can to resolve the issues you are experiencing with the Ring Doorbell and Trivia Crack apps. Have you checked the app permissions for those apps? App permissions: Control which apps have permissions to use certain features of your device.

Please review page 159 of the owners manual to learn how to change app permissions. https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/samsung-galaxy-note10-all-ug

As a consumer I know how important is is for you to have great signal at home and it is vital that we explain why you experience signal issues at home.

Many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance even in cases where you may have had service in the past. As much as we want you to have excellent service at home, we are not able to guarantee indoor service.

We suggest having a 4G LTE Network Extender to boost up your signal up to 5,000 square feet. Check out the Network extender FAQs here. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-basics/  For pricing use this link. http://vz.to/2

https://www.verizonwireless.com/products/samsung-4g-lte-network-extender-2/

lQRyl

Please let us know, if adjusting the App Permission setting helped. 

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes