Re: What are my options given that I am not thrilled about having to purchase a device that I honestly don’t want?
CHEHAV9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm tempted to keep mine.  It's never gotten the least bit got.  I upgraded from the droid and i do not want to go back down. They still habe credited me the $25 for the first time replacing.  They need to offer something a lot better

Re: What are my options given that I am not thrilled about having to purchase a device that I honestly don’t want?
Gabbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agree with everything the thread starter stated. I am beyond [Removed] that I have to go through this exchange twice and now have to downgrade my phone and Verizon has the audacity to charge us a $20 upgrade fee to exchange our phones that we don't even want to exchange.

No phone out there even comes close to offering what the Note 7 does. The sad part is that once we pick a lesser phone to "upgrade" to, we will no longer be able to switch out to the Note 8 (or whatever they are going to call it) without it costing us an arm and a leg.

Samsung and Verizon need to handle the Note 7 customers better than they have.

[Removed]

Profanity and inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

ATTICUS_01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same boat, first smart phone, great deal 300 dollars for an 864 dollar phone with free sim card.  The deal is you pay 300 but your plan charges you 40 dollars a month access fee since you are bringing your own phone instead of 20 dollars a month for the phone access fee if you pay towards the phone over a 24 month contract.   Either way you are paying 480 over 2 years,  nobody is out the saving, it was never there.  My plan is to keep the 256g card and get a s7 edge, but will work with the vr and only out the aggravation.

DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally spoke to a manager on the phone, I escalated the call. She offered me an S7edge with a 200 dollar credit to my bill...I told her I will think about over night .. she's calling me back Tomm... I don't want to down grade , but I don't think we are going to get any other options. I also used my upgrade to get this phone, and all I want is the option to get another phone in the near future as they become available...

JABPLATNER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I SO couldn't agree with you more! I am practically screaming looking at these options! And furthurmore...I seriously think that as soon as a device that is comparable is available, we should have the automatic option of "upgrade" REGARDLESS of the time spade between now and then.

I know this sounds absolutely crazy....but I am almost willing to keep this [Removed] Note 7 until something else becomes available. Right, I know...its a crap shoot of possibly burning my family's home down...I get it! But holy crap...I got so much credit from my last phone I traded in...that this is crazy to try to pack everything up (without packaging) and haul it in! I am WAAAY CRABBY!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

MRJones33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I signed up for Verizon in June 2016 and purchased an S7 Edge, knowing I would be upgrading to the Note7 once it came out. When it did, I had to pay about $300 to pay off the S7 so that I could get the Note7. Now that I'm going back to the S7 Edge, why am I paying full price for it again when I already paid about $400 to own an S7 that they took away from me? I agree with everything that has been mentioned about this fiasco, but I would also like my $400 credited back to the purchase price of my new S7 Edge that I don't really want.

Or is this just a great ploy by Samsung and Verizon to get people to pay $1200 for an S7 Edge?

jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm about sick of this "upgrade" push from customer service that leads to wasting your upgrade eligibility on a device I don't want.I have looked at the Pixel devices and find them to be lacking. No IP68 water and dust resistant rating, no expandable SD memory options, and an unappealing aesthetic design IMO.

I have looked at the Pixel devices and find them to be lacking. No IP68 water and dust resistant rating, no expandable SD memory options, and an unappealing aesthetic design IMO.

I do not want an Apple device as a switch to iOS would be an utter pain given that I am rather invested in Android in term of accessories and the overall Google ecosystem.

The only remotely close option is the Galaxy S7 Edge, but I have reservations about getting locked into a two-year contract with a device that, A: I never really wanted in the first place, and B: a device that will most likely be obsolete and replaced by the S8 / S8 Edge in five months.

To be frank, I would have never upgraded and moved away from my Note 4 if the Note 7 was never an option. I upgraded expressly for that device. If I wanted the S7 Edge, I would have used my upgrade for that back in March.

It's really not that hard to grasp what I'm asking for.

• I want to exchange to a safe phone. Not "upgrade" as VZW is trying to pitch it.

• I do not want to lose my "Upgrade Eligibility" because there are no available phones that I truly want, nor want to be stuck with for two years. None. The End.

• I want the option to actually UPGRADE to a phone that I will actually care to spend my money on in the future. This may be the Galaxy S8/Edge or the Note 8 (or whatever similar device they may release).

• I want to be able to upgrade to this device without incurring additional costs or have to pay off a phone I did not want in the first place.

Those affected by this Note 7 recall should be able to switch to a safe device, while still keeping their upgrade eligibility to allow them to pick a device they may actually want when that device is available in the future.

I don't believe this is that hard to understand, nor is it unreasonable given the situation.

I'll be leaving Verizon if they can't figure this out and make an exception to policy for those of us affected by this rapidly evolving nightmere. I don't want to hear about the other great options available for "upgrade". You need to stop calling it that as you're not fooling anyone who has owned the Note 7; it's a downgrade plain and simple. It's time to take care of your customers with this thing called customer service and stop trying to take advantage of the situation and screw your customers over more than we already have been with the time involved with this mess and lost money on accessories that we will never be reimbursed for.

Weth
Legend

FRANKM1 wrote:

So that's it for Note 7? No more fixed ones will be offered?

No. The Note 7 is a dead device. It will get no support, no updates, no fixes, no replacements. It is worthless. Those stating they are going to keep it should reconsider. Not only because there is no support, but if something happens to the phone and it harms a person or property, the owner will be fully liable, maybe even criminally liable.

For those that don't like current selections, Hand back your Note 7, get full credit, buy or find a friend/family with a used phone to use for a while and wait until the phone you want is released. This is a horrible situation for everyone who got the Note 7. But remember, your anger and demands should really be on Samsung. There is no reason Verizon needs to lose money on this - it needs to all come from Samsung.

ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't worry they won't lose money. Samsung will be paying out to all carriers. Plus when I called to upgrade I was told that I had to pay "taxes"  which is acceptable but that dollar amount included the "upgrade" fee...very deceptive.

lindamcd
Contributor - Level 1

EXACTLY! Well said!