What do I do if my Note 4 continues to restart on its on? It shuts down, it's on the Note 4 screen and then just reboots, blue light turns on and repeat. It never gets past that.
AYLAsmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone will not work unless its on the charger, if it is off, or I click on apps or the camera it will shut off completely, boot to the Galaxy Note 4 black screen and then constantly restart. I have been advised its probably internal issues. I have a replacement coming, but it will not be here til Tuesday and I NEED to get it to at least function until in the mean time. We have factory reset it. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What do I do if my Note 4 continues to restart on its on? It shuts down, it's on the Note 4 screen and then just reboots, blue light turns on and repeat. It never gets past that.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3
Re: What do I do if my Note 4 continues to restart on its on? It shuts down, it's on the Note 4 screen and then just reboots, blue light turns on and repeat. It never gets past that.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you've factory reset it then it's not promising. Are you able to do like you did when you factory reset it, but start it in safe mode?

AYLAsmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried but I cannot do much at all unless I strictly keep the phone on the charger. How do you get it to safe mode?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The same way you factory reset it. Power down, hold the volume and power key for 10+ seconds and wait for the screen to appear. It should hopefully have the option to start in safe mode.

AYLAsmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I power it down and do that it gives me this option to restart and then if I press volume up it says warning "downloading" do not turn off device. And has the android icon.

Is there a way to put it in safe mode while it's powered on?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3
AYLAsmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

0 Likes
susanaser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you find a solution?  I am having the same problem and Verizon reps all were SO sure they had the answer I just wanted a replacement. I told them over and over I tried everything already.  They all wasted my time and one even insulted me.  I need my phone for work and for emergencies with my sick dad.  I cant unplug it...as soon as I open an app (or it just feels like it) it shuts off/on/off until I plug it in.  I have done EVERY imaginable solution.  Is it a battery issue?  Hoping you found a solution!

0 Likes
dkeith0514
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no solution. I've had 4 or 5 replacements under warranty for this issue and they all do it. Factory reseting it will not solve the the problem. In fact i had one vzw tech rep tell me that there are known software issues with the phone and they wont replace these devices under warranty anymore.The note 4 is a defective device and until we receive updates that have been out since early this year that vzw will not release we won't know if they will fix any of the issues with the note 4.

lcarkel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the info.  I wasnt having this problem until about 1-2 months ago and only when using camera. Yesterday it started rebooting itself just after waking up the phone. Or turning the camera on. If it's working,  I can get 3-5 pics taken back to back before it reboots.  But now it just goes crazy whenever.  And it's affecting Bluetooth as well as other things too.

Thank you for the info.

0 Likes