What do we need to do to use Note 3 with local sim card in India - reliance
sadanand

Hi,

I am seeing a lot of frustration around this topic of being able use

a local sim card in foreign country (specifically in India in my case).

Can somebody on this forum clarify what one needs to do to achieve the following.

1.I have verizone account for last 10+ years.

2. I wish to purchase a smartphone (preferably Samsung Galaxy Note3 else S4) with the following functionality...

Use a local sim card in India (possibly reliance India) for voice calls as well as data plans

without having to pay for Verizone global data/calling plan.

Needless to say I am upset enough with verizone to take my family plan with 4 smart phones and hefty data plan to ATT

if this issue is not resolved (at least clarify )

Thanks

Sadanand

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What do we need to do to use Note 3 with local sim card in India - reliance
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

All of the VZW 4G devices are global unlocked, provided they are labeled as global capable. Most are, and the note 3 and S4 definately have this capability. The only thing you need to do is put the new SIM in and turn it on. Now I do not know if you can use Data services this way, and it mainly has to do with the programing (APN) and device.

However, when doing so, you cannot call VZW if your global services do not work, as you are not using their service. You'll have to call the provider for the SIM your using.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What do we need to do to use Note 3 with local sim card in India - reliance
Ragdoll_Knight
Contributor - Level 1

All of the VZW 4G devices are global unlocked, provided they are labeled as global capable. Most are, and the note 3 and S4 definately have this capability. The only thing you need to do is put the new SIM in and turn it on. Now I do not know if you can use Data services this way, and it mainly has to do with the programing (APN) and device.

However, when doing so, you cannot call VZW if your global services do not work, as you are not using their service. You'll have to call the provider for the SIM your using.

0 Likes