What is everyone doing now the Note 7 Replacement cell phones are crashing
SamsungSUHDGal54
Enthusiast - Level 1

What are you guys doing about Note 7 replacement cell phones being recalled !!!??? Samsung told me to return to Verizon for a full refund or get a Samsung S7 exchange !!!???

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is everyone doing now the Note 7 Replacement cell phones are crashing
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

flyers111,

Your safety is our main concern. We recommend exchanging it as quickly as possible. At the same time this is a voluntary upgrade.

All Verizon customers with Note7 devices are advised to upgrade to a different smartphone. The preferred method for upgrading is to use My Verizon vzw.com/myverizon

•Restocking Fee is waived

•Taxes, down payments, and fees will be credited back

◦The upgrade fee will be credited back for the Note7, and charged on the new device.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! At this time, we are allowing the replacement of Note 7 devices with a different model of smartphone device. You are not limited to a model of device so long as it is a currently offered device.

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
flyers111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a window on in how long we have to exchange? I would like to exchange for the pixel xl when it comes out on the 20th if it's possible.

ZillyB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great, you're "allowing" it -- but what about the costs involved? Restock fees, taxes on the new device, buying new accessories all over again? Most of us with the Note7 are now stuck with extra USB-C cables, for example, that don't work with anything else.

And don't even get me started on the fact that I live an hour from a corporate store and have to take a day off of work to handle this...AGAIN... something I did 3 weeks ago. I turned in a perfectly great phone for a 'safe' phone that crashes all the time... and now I have to downgrade to a phone that I never wanted to begin with.

CHRSWI27
Enthusiast - Level 3

I returned mine last month and purchased a the HTC Desire 530. I was going to get the Note7 later on when there was enough in-stock and hold on to the HTC phone just in case of this happening again because I knew there would be too many people trying to get the Note7 by September 30. I hope that this issue is resolved by the time the Note 8 comes out. I like the look of the edge phones and would like to have one with a stylus pen included.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because of the problems plaguing the Note 7, I suspect that the next flagship device created by Samsung will have a brand new name.

0 Likes
CHRSWI27
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not believe so. Samsung makes really great products. Just because the manufacturer that they purchased the batteries from sold them defective batteries doesn't mean we should blame the company. Also the only reason why the new ones were released was because of the Sept 30th deadline that everyone was complaining about. I have had many Samsung products with no issues. Just give it some time. They are working very hard to solve this issue.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I realize that Samsung is working to resolve the problem. However, the "Note" label is going to be associated with "spontaneous combustion" for a while.

Knowing that batteries from different suppliers experienced similar results would indicate a design flaw. Someone suggested that the problem has to do with the charging circuitry, but, nobody knows for sure.

The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are good alternatives. I currently own a Galaxy S4. I am looking to replace it with something different.

If the device I want doesn't make it to Verizon Wireless, I'll go for the S7 Edge or possibly wait for the GS8s.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

flyers111,

Your safety is our main concern. We recommend exchanging it as quickly as possible. At the same time this is a voluntary upgrade.

All Verizon customers with Note7 devices are advised to upgrade to a different smartphone. The preferred method for upgrading is to use My Verizon vzw.com/myverizon

•Restocking Fee is waived

•Taxes, down payments, and fees will be credited back

◦The upgrade fee will be credited back for the Note7, and charged on the new device.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes