What is the Cellebrite client for?
Tiffin713

I noticed an icon with the name Client on my Note 4. When i click the icon it opens a screen with the name Cellebrite Client v1.6.7. I immediately closed it as it wasn't loading. I used Google to search the icon and it's a forensic mobile app. Does anyone know what this is, how it's on my phone and can I delete it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Client icon
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did Verizon transfer information from your old phone to the new one?  It's a service Veriozn uses to move info from one phone to another...as far as I can tell.

Cellebrite - Verizon

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to the Application Manager, find the application and select it to open the app information view. From there see if you can uninstall it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tiffin713

It doesn't show up under my apps. I can only drag & remove it as an icon. I'm curious if this is necessary for my phone or if it's in fact a tracking app that was mysteriously downloaded to my phone.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did Verizon transfer information from your old phone to the new one?  It's a service Veriozn uses to move info from one phone to another...as far as I can tell.

Cellebrite - Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tiffin713,

Seeing an app like that would concern me as well. Cellbrite is something that our store locations use sometimes to transfer information over. Did you have us transfer anything over when you got the phone or stopped in for any assistance?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes