When Leaving poor coverage Phone goes to voicemail, won't call out.
MrStaplehead

My wife has a Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G on Verizon network.   Sometimes, when she leaves a poor service area and enters a stable coverage, the phone will not receive incoming calls, they go straight to voicemail. It will not dial out or send and receive texts until she switches Airplane mode on and off ONLY when she is in a stable coverage area. Not a spotty coverage as that will make the phone do it again.  We did a hard reset on the device, removed the sim card and reinstalled as verizon suggested.  Now 2 friends at work have upgraded to 5g phones (both on verizon network, both different android OS devices and have the same issue.  That tells me it is a network issue and I have to guess it is a common issue because the Verizon tech support people seem to be aware and have steps to attempt a fix.  My Galaxy S9+ (NOT 5g) behaves as it is supposed to.  IT IS NOT A DEVICE ISSUE.  Anyone else have the same issue and found a solution?  Should I just switch carriers? None have good service at my primary residence except Verizon with a WeBoost cell booster.  Thanks for any assistance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When Leaving poor coverage Phone goes to voicemail, won't call out.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to reliable coverage & the ability to use service without issue is priority. I am sorry to read that your wife has been running into issues using her Note 20 in various coverage areas. 

The last thing we want is for you to leave us. That said, Id love to help get to the bottom of this issue. I have a Note 20 on my account that travels from rural Illinois to Chicago 5 days a week, without an issue. I'd like to ask a few questions to get started. How long has this issue been happening? Is the software up to date (what version are you running)? What signal shows at the time this issue happens?

-Gina

0 Likes