When will Verizon be issusing the $100 Samsung Credit?
LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung stated that they giving $100 credit on bill for Note7 exchanges for Samsung devices. I have two Note7s. When will Verizon be issuing the credit?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $100 Samsung Credit
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

There are two credits.  The first $25.00 for round 1 of the recall.  Given the timing everyone who had the first Note 7 should have received this credit by now.  In round 2, the $100 credit was originally supposed to be applied within 1-2 billing cycles if the user opted for another Samsung device, or $25 if the user opted for another type phone or declined an exchange all together. 

The newest word and experience looks like the second credit is applied on day one of the start of the third billing cycle.  Still not sure if this reflects the actual receipt of the Note by Verizon.  I know two people had return verification on the same day and two weeks later hit their third billing cycle at which time the credit was applied.  It may be that people who have not as yet returned the phone, but are on their third (or more) billing cycle, may not see the credit applied until after the phone is returned.  Just a guess until someone who hasn't returned their phone, but fall into the third billing cycle time frame, chime in Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

CHRLEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just told by Verizon Sales that they are only giving a $25 credit.  Samsung said that people would receive "up to a $100 Credit, depending on the Carrier and retail outlet".  I was also told that the $25 credit would be given out once; since I received a $25 credit when I exchanged the Note7 at "Recall V1.0" , no other credits are forthcoming. 

In addition, since I used that credit "in-store" at a Verizon store to buy a case for the Note 7, they will not refund me the $25 I applied to the case. (Case cost $29.95), only the $4.95 (plus tax) difference.

To add insult to injury, I signed up for Verizon the day I received my Note 7.  If I want to cancel all service with Verizon, I owe them an early termination fee of $80, in addition to the fees I had to open the account and transfer my existing number.  

DANBOND01
Enthusiast - Level 1

according to samsung however, this does not start until 3pm est.  still have another hour and a half until this new credit is supposed to be going live.  i will be contacting Verizon about this later on today as i ordered an S7 Edge  to replace my Note 7, the night before last.

FAIGUY9
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was just told through Verizon chat that Yes!, Once they received the returned Note 7 I would receive a $100 credit for each note returned. BUT I also didn't get the $25 credit (I didn't ask for it) if I had I'm assuming I would only get $75 per device.

CHRLEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since your info is a bit newer than mine, I would have to go with what you were told, not what I was told....Verizon is totally confused by this.

marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

LISHRODRIGUEZ, I understand that it is difficult to keep up with the changes being made. We're here to explain. As of now there will be $100.00 credits issued for those customers that exchange the Note 7 to an alternate Samsung device. We do not know how exactly this credit will be issues as of yet. Please standby for an update.

MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes
DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still haven't received my $ 25.00 dollar credit or gift card from the first recall....

adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee
CHRLEN56 We would be heartbroken if you left. I do want to help you with your options so you can stay. I'm here to help. We are offered a refund for all Note 7 specific accessories that were purchased from Verizon Wireless. Please return the accessories back to the store where purchased so we can assist you with that refund.

As for the $100.00 credit, this is being offered by Samsung for customer who decide to upgrade to another Samsung device. The details on how and and when this credit will be applied are still in the works. I apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused. As a fellow Note 7 owner myself I know how important it is to get these answers as soon as possible.

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please stop using the word "upgrade"... i believe this is called a "downgrade". Thank you.

DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree this is not an upgrade