When will the Kitkat problems be resolved???
bravovictor

I have a Note 3 and the battery is being sucked dry and the reception is terrible.  When is the fix?

0 Likes
Re: When will the Kitkat problems be resolved???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@bravovictor

Software updates are intended to provide a much better wireless experience!  Keep in mind, after the completion of a software update, application and device settings tend to revert back to default settings.  Take a moment to ensure your application and device settings are adjusted to improve your device battery life.  Here's a link with tips: http://vz.to/1mpeNQU.  You can also optimize data usage per application to help maximize battery life and data usage: http://vz.to/1mpftps.

You also mentioned problems with reception.  Are you referring to the call audio quality or signal issues and problems with making and receiving calls?  Please explain so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
milspec81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its a kitkat patch error. NOT A PHONE OR APP OR SIM OR TOWERS...............Tech support is just reading off a screen. I am posting this everywhere i can on and off the VZW site.

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

The fix is supposed to be KitKat 4.4.4, but I can bet that neither Samsung or Verizon has gotten their hands on the update yet. Also keep in mind that Android "L" 5.0 is supposed to be released towards the end of the year which will include major performance enhancements, new UI, added security and bug fixes.

0 Likes
rushmore69
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is Verizon service one big auto-bot?  Same replies on all threads with same generic suggestions to fix an obviously failed string of device updates.  Make the Verizon execs use the Note 3 and then maybe a fix will be created and Verizon more forthright as to the problem.

Googling is good, since I came THIS close to buying a used Note 3 for $400 on eBay this week.  No returning it if I had!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Fixes are done by device makers, not the cell provider.

Take your issue up with the device maker.

Good Luck

0 Likes
deltabond
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did this start happening after a software update?  And... what current operating system do you have on your phone?

0 Likes