When will the Marshmallow update be released for the Note 4?
MyCherokeeRose

All Note 4 users on Verizon are asking the same question I am. When will we get Marshmallow? It's been a while and I was hoping to get some insight as to when this will be. I am desperately seeking this update. Any ETA when?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will the Marshmallow update be released for the Note 4?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the newest update is always exciting. While we don't have an exact date, you can always keep up to date here http://vz.to/1PABezY
JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you ask Samsung?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MyCherokeeRose

Yep, they say it's out already but the carrier has to push it. They have to do whatever they need to do with it like add the cloud... blah blah blah. So, it's in Verizon's hands now. We're waiting on them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So a low level rep told you that... Yet they couldn't tell you exactly the date it was finished and who the lead developer for the project was. Let alone when the International version of their devices would be updated or if the update is finished or not. See the disconnect there? How would they know own the information they gave you when  they do not even know their own internal information.

That's just some food for thought.

0 Likes
Tfrays

Not true. Samsung builds it then sends it to VZW to have it modified with added software. All the other carrier versions have been getting it. Its just how long VZW holds it before releasing it to the public.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You proved my point.

Samsung themselves when the Galaxy S was out they said this.

HTC, Motorola, Sony, and Samsung on various occasion upper management said this. Even Sony AOSP project with Google showed this.

The stuff is given to manufacturers in advanced and the manufacturers incorporate the code. Manufacturers are not going to hand out their proprietary code to multiple carriers and have their code leaked...  they are not that stupid.

0 Likes
Tfrays

I guess I don't get your point. Your point is that the Samsung Rep was wrong?

0 Likes
daimien
Enthusiast - Level 3

What it means is verizon is taking its sweet [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] time and at this point well be lucky to get it when     and round n comes out. At least give us the [removed] security update. Grr I meant android  n

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the newest update is always exciting. While we don't have an exact date, you can always keep up to date here http://vz.to/1PABezY
JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sublimetalmsg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been wondering the same thing. Most of my friends have their update on other carriers so i googled and apparently Verizon slowest at updates  in the world. Which is a huge bummer to me since i like everything up to date. I wonder how many customers switch for this reason alone.

0 Likes