Where can I download the kitkat 4.4.4 update for Note 3
Stevecaledonia
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since taking the OTA update, one of my Note 3's has lost it's mind.  ALL the sensors stopped working.  No auto rotate, no palm gestures, etc.  Where can I get a copy of the 4.4.4 update so I can reflash my phone to see if it fixes my issues?  I am no longer in contract with Verizon and if I can't undo the damage this update has done to my phone, Sprint sure is looking pretty good to me . . .

0 Likes
Re: Where can I download the kitkat 4.4.4 update for Note 3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allow us to get to the bottom of your equipment concerns Stevecaledonia because we certainly do not want to lose you! After you installed the software update, did you restart your phone? Also, have you tried running your phone on safe mode? At times running certain third party applications may cause your device to malfunction. To learn how to do this click, http://vz.to/1Dh4k3U Please keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Stevecaledonia
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE:  I have done all you mentioned to no avail.  Today I went to local Best Buy and presented my phone and issue to the Samsung Rep there (the Samsung Manager there).  He played with my phone for about an hour and gave up.  He reflashed my phone, did a factory reset and searched the internet for resolutions.  He did find many people with the same issue and it appears to point to library files within the Samsung Hub that may, when updated/removed, turned off the Sensors deep in the firmware.  There is no external way to turn them back on in the firmware, ie, toggling Screen Rotation on in the settings menu.  The ONLY sensor that seems to be functional is the eye scrolling when reading.  EVERY other sensor is off.  Even the camera buttons do not rotate when going from landscape to portrait views.  He is researching it further and will contact me if he finds any resolution.  So thanks to Verizon/Samsung, my Note 3 does not work as intended any longer.  I am sure that no one in Verizon Support that monitors these boards has the expertise to fix my problems.  The local Verizon Store only checked my account and basically told me "sorry, no protection plan, goodbye . . . and don't forget to mail your payment on time" . . . if the Lollipop update does not fix this issue, guess Sprint will get a new customer . . .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additonal information Stevecaledonia. We want to ensure that you have a working phone. Is the touch screen still unresponsive when using the Spen? Is there any physical or water damage to your device?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes