Re: While on voice calls People can hear me, but their conversations randomly cut in and out.
rtritz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed the same exact thing...problem is, I use Data while on a voice

(or used to) virtually daily. This has been a huge step backward. I have

been with Verizon since 1986 and for the first time I am really questioning

their service. Smiley Sad

Re: While on voice calls People can hear me, but their conversations randomly cut in and out.
WILJES77
Enthusiast - Level 2

The big draw of LTE was that you could do simultaneous voice and data.  Not anymore.

I just upgraded to Oreo a few minutes ago.  Hoping that resolves it.  If so, I'll let you know.  I just reactivated HD Voice.

rtritz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good Luck.... between not having HD, and the combination of Voice and Data,

I am looking for options....

Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rfritz, the last thing we ever want to see happen is you leaving Team VZW over this experience. With regard to your Note 8, let's make sure we gather all the available details concerning this experience. If you enable Advanced Calling again, and you activate WiFi Calling; Are the same audio issues carried over to a WiFi Call? (Please test this out by turning on WiFi Calling > once active, place your phone in Airplane Mode > Enable WiFi, and test a few calls through WiFi.)

Please keep us posted, as we want to ensure your Advanced Calling feature is working optimally for you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

JONHAI3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anything been determined on this subject?  My note 8, my wife's S-8 and several of my friends with Samsung phones on Verizon in the North Atlanta area have the same exact problem, all starting about 1 1/2 months ago. 

The work around of having to turn off HD Voice and losing my data is unacceptable!  We pay anywhere from $500 to $1K for phones and to not be able to use them as designed is ridiculous.  Verizon needs to address the issue ASAP.  If not risk losing myself and others to the growing competition of T-Mobile and Sprint.

If I go to VZW website and search on this subject, there are no results...but if I search on Google, as I did this time, its funny the VZW search shows up.  Thousands of people are complaining about this Samsung/Verizon specific issue and VZW seems to be down playing it! 

I'd like a legitimate response...instead of VZW constantly acting like this is 1st time they have heard of it.  Google it...it dates back to 2017 in some cases.  I've done all the steps that people have asked, cleared cache, updated to Oreo (that was a huge mistake...making it worse), turned off HD Voice, etc...  Obviously, it's a firmware issue...maybe someone should address and give the community an update???

rtritz
Enthusiast - Level 3

The ONLY thing that has worked for me (even after getting a replacement

phone) was turning of HD Voice. I agree totally this is simply not

acceptable.

I did get a note last night from VZ to try turning on WiFi and testing that

operation to see if I had the same problems...... I may give that a try,

but the problem never occurs when I am at my home anyway! I travel

extensively and trying to find a WiFi to use, just to turn on HD is not a

solution. I have to believe the issue is in the towers being used.

Such a shame... its been many years that I have been with VZ.... this may

be difficult to continue.

If anyone does find a real solution, I sure would be interested.

rtritz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Using WIFI will not identify a problem when I am sitting in my home. I

travel extensively and rely on cell coverage and use. Using wifi when I am

traveling is not a realistic option. Sorry

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018, 9:20 PM vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JONHAI3, providing you with a solution on the voice issues is a priority. We can assure you there is an investigation under way to determine the problem and provide a fix. We hope this will ensure we keep you as our customer. Our apologies for the inconvenience of having to turn HD Voice off, but this step will not impact the data speeds in any way. The one downside is not being able to browse the web and be on a call at the same time. We would like to gather a few details that will help us in the investigation. Does this happen in all locations? Does this happen over Bluetooth, regular call audio, speaker or Wi-Fi calling? Does this happen on all calls?

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rtritz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good day.... some notes in response to your inquiry... Thank you.

Does this happen in all locations? -It occurs regularly in many locations

between city, residential areas and country

Does this happen over Bluetooth, regular call audio, speaker or Wi-Fi

calling? On and off of Bluetooth, I does not make a difference. Regular

call quality does not seem to affect this issue. Same with Speaker. this

does not appear to be a bluetooth or wifi issue, as much as an HD issue.

Does this happen on all calls? Virtually, yes.

Hope this helps??!!

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 8:54 AM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all the helpful information, rtritz. Let’s keep going to see what is going on. Let’s reset your device’s network settings: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214319/   Since this has been happening, have you powered your phone off, taken the SIM Card out for at least 1-2 minutes and then put SIM Card back in and power the phone on again?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214289/ 

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes