Re: Who pays for non verizon accesories when I return my Note7?
Mare3199
Enthusiast - Level 3

My question is about the screen protectors, one from Amazon and one from Best Buy for a total of about $60 (Zagg).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The USB-C cable should work on the Nexus 6p or the Pixel phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kelseyrykal17

I too need to return my Note 7 and bought cases from other vendors and a screen protector from Verizon. Will Samsung Refund us for this mishap yet again?

0 Likes
KRISASSS

I have the same question.   I have two cases,  screen protectors,  a usb-c cable all from Amazon.  I'm upset to think I may be out all of that money.

0 Likes
OBrienClan17
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a forum, why are answers being sent via Direct Message?

I have the same question. I bought a Spigen case from their website.  How do I get reimbursed for that?

ZillyB
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I had to fight for a $25 bill credit the FIRST time I exchanged my Note 7 --- my beloved Note 7 which was the best phone ever. Well, aside form the curved screen... I really hate that feature and found it annoys and isn't right for my work flow. The exchange process was a nightmare. It was so bad I ended up losing an entire day of work. The store said I only got a $25 credit while in the store that day... which was a lie. I eventually got a bill credit. Great... but here's the thing. I originally bought my phone online. I live an hour's drive from any of the corporate stores. That doesn't even come close to compensating me for the the time and stress of exchanging it the first time.

Funny thing is, I was about to actually go exchange this new one for another Note7 becuase there appears to be a ROM issue and it's been crashing. I was going to do it last week, but...since I live so far from a store, couldn't get there. I was going to do it tomorrow...but I now see this. It just keeps getting better.

This time I have to select a phone that is a downgrade, too? I use the sPen/stylus for work -- that's why I have the Note. I require a good camera and the Note7 has been such a blessing. Now what? TO make matters worse, I do have an old Note 4... but it's a Sprint phone. When I bought the Note7, it also coincided with a switch to Verizon after 17 years with Sprint. So, it's not like I can just fire the old Note 4 back up.

Who is going to compensate me for having to do this all over again? I'm an independent contractor... so taking a day off of work for this, again, is just ridiculous. I realize it's not Verizon's fault -- well, the Samsung issues aren't their fault. The experience I had in the corporate store is, though. Their lack of website purchase support for this is also their fault.

DO we get additional compensation? Am I going to be charged a restock fee for something that isn't may fault? What about the two cases and additional charge cables I bought that can't be used on something else? The USB-C is nice and all.... but I don't have any other device that uses it.

I know I'm not alone...just wanted to add my rant to the pile... I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

I did not get any direct-message. Not surprised but had to ask the rep as he was in a helpful mood.

0 Likes
BOBBYPSX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Gear VR from Best Buy. After talking to them about Oculus dropping support and refunding any games purchased on their store for use with the Note 7 they refused to refund my purchase outside the 14 days policy. I contacted Samsung Customer Service and they told me to contact their sales department. They won't open til tomorrow 8am EST so I will update then.

0 Likes
STEETT16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen!  Is there a plan in place or not.  The employees in the stores rarely have any answers.

0 Likes
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee
ZillyB, I can truly understand your concern. I know that this recall has not been an easy process. W...

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes