Why Can't I Use WiFi Calling While In Airplane Mode?
SOSNOCOR

Don't mean to revive a dead horse here, but I just started having this problem. Samsung Note 4. I have found that turning airplane mode on, turning WiFi on, then restarting the phone while airplane mode is on seems to work. Not sure why.

As to the question from Verizon on why turning on airplane mode: sometimes in buildings service is terrible. This is nothing that can be changed from the phone company; it's just because the buildings are made of cement and I work in a basement. No cell towers in existence here. I turn on airplane mode and WiFi calling to keep the phone from searching for towers to save the battery, and it does make a big difference in battery life.

0 Likes
Re: Why Can't I Use WiFi Calling While In Airplane Mode?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the response, SOSNOCOR. We hope this works. We want to make sure everything is looked at. Are you still having issues with signal or Wi-Fi calling? If so, since this started, have you tried a new SIM Card?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Re: Why Can't I Use WiFi Calling While In Airplane Mode?
MATT_AG1998

Because Verizon wants to charge you for international calls of course! Hard to do that when you have disabled the cellular signal on airplane mode, they tried to get me for $300 extra in a month after I was on wifi for 5 months overseas and of course I still had to pay…don’t know why Verizon would do this. –Matt B

0 Likes