Why Won't My Galaxy Note 2 Power On Fully?
th00088

my galaxy note 2 has power on issues --will not complete power on and sticks on the Verizon logo screen

0 Likes
Re: Why Won't My Galaxy Note 2 Power On Fully?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello th00088,

We don't want your device to have any power issues at all, we want you to love your device. I'm eager to help. When did this begin? Were you completing a specific task on the device?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
th00088

As I said

Battery 100%

Was normal use next time i tried to power on it sticks or freezes on the

red verizon logo and does not complete power on cycle.

Also it freezes and will not operate --like the power button does not work

nothing works! Have to remove battery to shut it down!

Why and what causes it freeze on the red verizon logo?

On Jul 4, 2017 12:37 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
th00088

Hello

Any chance you are going to reply ---Sent my comments two days ago!!

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 12:37 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

th00088, I do apologize for any delay. We want to be sure to give our awesome community members a chance to help out so we may not reply right away. Let's get back to business here. While we can't say for sure why this may be happening, we want to get you back up and running. I know that you stated the battery was fully charged, but have you tried to plug the phone into the charger for a good hour or two before trying to power back on? I've had it happen in the past where the battery may have gone bad and while it may have been fully charged, it just died and needed to charge. Please try that and let us know.

ErinW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

th00088,

We appreciate the added information. The issue could be caused by software, capacity, application, or a number of other reasons. Do you know what Android Version the phone is currently running? Here is a link to information on Software Verison and a Software Repair Assistant. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note-2-update/

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
th00088

Guess I'm still not clear----the phone starts the power on cycle but

freezes on the red Verizon screen . The only way to turn it off after it

freezes is to remove the battery.

Yes I have already done all suggestions to assure a fully charged battery!

Please -

Now would appreciate a competent suggestion and answers why the

phone freezes on start up.

I cannot be the one that has experienced this issue.

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 1:29 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

th00088, we always want to ensure we're doing everything in our power so that you have a working device that you can enjoy. The Note 2 is a fantastic phone and we want to get it up and running just as much as you do. In order to provide the best support, we want to get a full understanding of what's taken place prior to this event.  May we ask if you've been able to try using a different charger to power the device on? If so, did you receive the same results? Also, may we ask if there's been any physical or liquid damage to your Note 2?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
th00088

Third reply with same info--

Phone was working normally

Battery was charged

Turned it off and when it was turned back on it froze on the red Verizon

screen . The only way to shut it off was to remove the battery

Tried to turn on several times same thing occurred each time.

Just in case it was some kind a battery problem purchased a new OEM

battery ---no help and as far as can be determined the old battery was and

is still OK.

According to my research I'm not the only that has this issue?

Is it a Verizon or Samsung issue?

What's really disappointing that this issue has highlighted, is Verizon

does not provide timely or competent support! A response from Verizon

sporadically every 2 to 5 days is unacceptable for a phone that for some

reason will not power on! plus I'm paying for phone service that is not

working--This issue has been going on for about 13 days??

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 2:32 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

th00088, thank you for sharing this additional information.  We understand that you're having trouble powering the device on completely and you were using the phone normally, up until this event took place. We appreciate you taking the time to try a new battery as well. At this time, can you please confirm if there's been any physical or liquid damage to the phone and if you've tried using a different charger as well? We did not find the answers to these questions in your previous responses and we want to make sure that we're both on the same page.

We understand that your time is valuable. Our community forums provide a delayed response so that our wonderful customers get a chance to chime in and help share their ideas too. If you would prefer to receive a quicker response time and work with us one-on-one, please reach out to us at http://vz.to/2lexrOZ

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes