Why am I not getting notifications when I have voice mail?
halstrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, I have had my Note II for 6-8 months. Since installing Android 4.3 (may or may not have anything to do with the problem, but did not notice it before),

I have had Visual Voicemail not register any messages. Each time after POWER OFF/ON, the application restarted (I guess), and I was then showing

several voicemails available. Often the oldest was 2-8 days.

Looking at NOTIFICATIONS, it appears the app failed to connect to my voicemail box. Is there a newer verson of Visual Voicemail from VZion; has anyone else noticed this problem? I have missed several important messages as I just this morning at 2:30am realized this must be what is happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS. Since this is a purchased product from Verizon, is there a way to check for a newer version or just do a reload of the current version?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Problems with Visual Voicemail Version 2.3.00?
halstrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved, I think. Should have looked harder b/f posting, but am new to this blog. Called my voice mail *86, checked and my 'report voice mails' or what ever the option description is for (#4),

it was OFF. Turned it ON.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Problems with Visual Voicemail Version 2.3.00?
halstrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved, I think. Should have looked harder b/f posting, but am new to this blog. Called my voice mail *86, checked and my 'report voice mails' or what ever the option description is for (#4),

it was OFF. Turned it ON.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Visual Voicemail Version 2.3.00?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear you were able to turn your notification settings to "on" in the voicemail prompts halstrider. Are things back to normal now with your voicemail?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Visual Voicemail Version 2.3.00?
halstrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, things are great. The Note II is a great phone; several people went out and bought one after

seeing mine. Brother upgraded to a Note III with Verizon.. Now I'm jealous. Thank you for following

up on this issue.

thanks

0 Likes