Why are people having trouble hearing me?
MzAdamT

I'm having trouble with people hearing me on my phone.........they say I keep breaking up

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 5
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have advanced calling enabled?  Check at Settings > Advanced Calling for an option called HD Voice. If it's turned on then your phone is placing calls over LTE. Try turning this on or off accordingly and see if there is an improvement.

If HD Voice is the reason, try to gather what areas you visit daily tend to suffer from this problem and report it to Verizon support. HD Voice is new for Verizon, so any feedback on it is greatly appreciated for improving the network.

Note that with HD Voice turned off, your phone will be unable to use data while on a call and not connected to Wi-Fi. You will also notice a large decrease in audio quality on a call.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have advanced calling enabled?  Check at Settings > Advanced Calling for an option called HD Voice. If it's turned on then your phone is placing calls over LTE. Try turning this on or off accordingly and see if there is an improvement.

If HD Voice is the reason, try to gather what areas you visit daily tend to suffer from this problem and report it to Verizon support. HD Voice is new for Verizon, so any feedback on it is greatly appreciated for improving the network.

Note that with HD Voice turned off, your phone will be unable to use data while on a call and not connected to Wi-Fi. You will also notice a large decrease in audio quality on a call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MzAdamT, broken calls are never fun, let's work together to turn this around. Is this happening on all calls or when traveling to a specific area? When did this first begin? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software to the phone? Please share details so we may assist.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes