Re: HELP! Text message sent from "@vtext.com"
Joy-O-Joy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did all of that per the previous instructions. It is still broken.

(Please review the previous posts in this thread)

0 Likes
Joy-O-Joy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cleared all contact info out of my contacts.

Deleted all text messages.

Cleared message cache.

Cleared out contact cache.

For good measure, deleted anything with my daughter's phone number out of gmail as well.

Went to text her manually and this came up:

tempFileForShare.jpg

0 Likes
Not applicable

Joy-Oh-Joy I read the whole long sorry problem before I replied.

I had the issue you are speaking of. every time I placed a 515000000 in the text box for one of my contatcts, or even a name from my contacts the extension was as 5150000000@vtext.com I found it annoying. However I went through first the contact name of the person and chose EDIT CONTACT and I found the address under an email address.

I went in and searched all 1346 contacts I have on my phone and did the same and if I found any entry with a @vtext.com or @myvzwpics.com I deleted the entry.

After the process was done, I restarted my device. and tested it via text message again. The @vtext.com was gone.

Now another thing to remember is if you have any back up services like icloud (I know you have a droid) or Verizon back up assistant the entry may be sent again as incorrect. You need to modify the cloud entry as well.

I am telling you this is the proper fix. Just read what I am saying and try it again. Try all that I tell you.

Good Luck

Not applicable

But you did not clear it out of your back up in the cloud.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joy-Oh-Joy thanks for keeping us posted! We'll get to the bottom of this issue for you! What services do you use to sync your contacts i.e. Backup Assistant, Verizon Cloud, Google, etc ? We'll want to make sure that the changes you made are syncing correctly with these services?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Please read what she wrote (Joy-Oh-Joy) she stated it was Google.

I think it has been fixed since I told her to also change the information in the Google Mail sync application.

I wish you people would read what a customer writes and quit with those corny canned responses.

Joy-Oh-Joy
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been solved. Even though I had scrolled through my contacts and the phone number in question did not show, per Elector's advice, I did a search for the vtext.com and found it, erased it and it is now working correctly. This has been maddening and I can't understand how resetting the phone to factory would fix it until it chose another number to do that to, but whatever the case, it is fixed and not driving me batty anymore.

Thanks so very much!!!

(How do I show this thread as resolved?)

0 Likes
Not applicable

In the bottom of the post you click solved/answered within that persons name.

I am glad it all worked out.

I am one of the few who don't care about points, so you can credit anyone even yourself as the correct answer.

Smiley Happy

0 Likes