Re: Why can't I get a replacement device without having to pay tax upfront?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer I know conflicting information can be discouraging and apologize for your unpleasant store visit, let's look into this.  Your feedback is appreciated and will be forwarded for review.  Have we had a chance order your replacement device? Which store location did you visit? Additionally I will be sending you a Private Message monetarily. 

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
W_BC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did get a replacement ordered. There was no exchange to be made. I visited 14949 Florence Trl, Suite 300

Apple Valley, MN, 55124 952.431.1993

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here For you B33! We would want you to have a working phone and the support you need. I apologize for the boot loader experience you shared. Let's get this resolved. We offer a 14 day return on all purchases. This is the only time we provide a new device order. After that if a warranty issues occurs, we replace the device for defects or hardware failures. If there is physical or liquid damage, we process an insurance claim. Please share more details with us that tell us the type of exchange was being performed. Bobby_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
W_BC
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was a useless addition to this discussion. No help offered, just the same annoying canned answer!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

W_BC, extra costs are not something anyone appreciates. When a device is returned for a defect within the first 14 days, as another brand new device is used to replace the phone, you will see a charge for the taxes. Once the original device is received, you would receive a credit back in the original form of payment. 

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!  

0 Likes
W_BC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Once again, another Verizon canned answer. This item should have been exchanged. I should not have been sold an additional phone and then have to wait for a refund!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to be part of the solution. To help get to the bottom of this, we would need to access the account. Were you able to review your inbox for our direct message? 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes