Why can't I place video calls on my Note 5?
Reno71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've activated advanced calling on my device and have enabled HD voice and video call. For some unknown reason I CAN accept a video call but CANNOT place a video call. The video icon is there on my dialer screen but isn't active. Also, my contacts that have video call enabled are not showing a video camera icon.

Anyone else experienced or experiencing the same problem? Is there a solution?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Video Call Note 5
Snn5
Legend

Have you rebooted since enabling the service?  Sounds lame, but I know in the beginning, once AC was enabled on the account in My Verizon, the phone had to be rebooted for the option to appear on the phone, then enabled and rebooted again.  Then it worked.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Have you rebooted since enabling the service?  Sounds lame, but I know in the beginning, once AC was enabled on the account in My Verizon, the phone had to be rebooted for the option to appear on the phone, then enabled and rebooted again.  Then it worked.

Reno71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. I've rebooted a few times but no luck.

Reno71
Enthusiast - Level 2

It took a couple of hours but now it works. It worked instantly on my wife's phone. I guess it varies from device to device. Thank you for the help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reno71 We appreciate all your extra efforts. Thanks for giving it time to work. If we can be of further assistance do not hesitate to reach out to us.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes